Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: can anyone recommend a good breadmaker

Default can anyone recommend a good breadmaker

after 12 years loyal service my breadmaker has finally ceased to work. as i cannot buy an identical one i wondered if anyone on here might recommend one. i am not interested in adding stuff so dont need special adding trays etc. it will be used daily to make really tasty soft bread. i am in no hurry but need something before the winter as i dont want to be anable to get bread when the snow comes. thanks in advance.

Panasonic ??? Is our model - has the seed/nut/fruit dispenser on our model but they do a model without. We were recommended by 2 different people & have not been disappointed. They're not the cheapest but seem decent value. We paid about 100 about 4 or so years ago.

i've one I dont use - if your in Yorkshire your welcome to it
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

thanks gizmos thats very kind of you. i am on the south coast so a bit too far but thanks. i think i will go with the panasonic recommended here.i cant bear to keep parting with 1 a loaf so i have purchased today!!! i know i will use it every day as that is what killed my current breville model!!
    thanks to both of you for replies

SD255 was mine - recommended on here and also lots of good reviews everywhere. I don't think they do this model now but the new one is very similar and hopefully even better. Think I have seen an SD257 or suchlike.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

I don't think you can go wrong with a Panasonic - ours is 14 years old and still going strong! We don't use it evry day, but maybe 3 or 4 times a week - I love waking up to the smell of fresh bread.

Quote Originally Posted by hippygirl View Post
    I don't think you can go wrong with a Panasonic - ours is 14 years old and still going strong! We don't use it evry day, but maybe 3 or 4 times a week - I love waking up to the smell of fresh bread.
    Another vote for a panasonic here. Not used quite as often as hippygirl's but certainly a good 3/4 times a week and only have disasters if I've been a muppet and done something wrong
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Anyone else had problems with ready made bread mixes? Don't think I ever got one to work!
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Anyone else had problems with ready made bread mixes? Don't think I ever got one to work!
    They are so variable - I don't normally get them, but got a few a while back (vouchers made them free in Ts) and OH experimented. Some rose so much and glued themselves to the lid that he found it better just to use half the pack, others didn't rise at all and needed extra yeast! I seem to remember the mixed grain one was nice, but was one that needed extra yeast.

my neighbour gave me a breadmaker and I too have not looked back - will not part with over 1.00 a loaf! teabread is lovely made in it, I love the pizza dough as well, make that up and freeze it to use whenever! Enjoy