Thread: Dominic's Signature

Default Dominic's Signature

Dom's signature seems to be changing frequently these days.

Firstly, what this one all about?

Didn't realise a signature was there to have a dig at people or post little barbed comments, lol

But much more importantly, how's the home brew ?

Only changed it twice recently: had the Asda blokes comment re Tesco price check for ages!

Just what it says really... It just amuses me one or two people here who use it to post little barbed comments and attempted digs at others. I didn't know that's what it was for....

Well the stout is getting better by the week. The mild I'm not quite so keen on but it is clear and has a nice colour. It's one of those things I've always wanted to do, and once you've got the equipment (cost about 100 for four pressure barrels and four improvised fermenting bins and all the odds and ends of kit, some from eBay and some new) it's anything from 12-25 for 40 pints. My mild was a half price Wilko's kit (range change) so about 10 even with added malt extract.

We have a cellar, so the perfect place to have a corner out the way for this. I could never have done it where I have lived before - no space!

Some people on a brewing forum I frequent brew their own from scratch. It's a very smelly business though so don't think I'll do that for a while, if ever.

Kits have come on a looooong way since the 70's and 80's and with a little extra expense (brew kit enhancer instead of just sugar, for example, or dried or liquid malt extract) you can produce excellent beer at home.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Question

What will it cost you a pint Dom?
    Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game using a GPS

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    ... We have a cellar ...
    Wonderful aren't they!

I use mine for accumulating bottles of wine - these days made by the experts, although I do rembember trying the kits/tins of stuff in the 70's.

Now, to be posh, I don't say "I have a cellar", I say "I have a WINE cellar". Cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by oldvicar View Post
    Dom's signature seems to be changing frequently these days.

But much more importantly, how's the home brew ?

And there was me thinking that Dominic had hacked his Wii /PS3 / Xbox to play independent unlicensed video games

Dom are u digging at me re comments pmsl xx
    Freedom of speech has gone out the window! Oh well I will never become a PTS Angel then.

Or maybe me Lisa we all know who we are plead to hear the home brew is going OK Dom
    Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy - Groucho Marx

He's done it again.

Maybe for the last time this year?

Merry Christmas DOM.

Big display of Christmas cards in The Card Factory yesterday. Holidays are comin', holidays are comin'.....
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Noooo! The Christmas retail madness starts earlier each year!

I'm still wearing sandals. I don't want look at Christmas cards, let alone buy them in August!