Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insulating Walls / Ceilings?

Quote Originally Posted by clarer0110 View Post
    A few houses by me have has this done, it looks like a rock climbing wall during the process!!
    I've seen it done and it makes a big difference however if you have lovely stone walls you wouldn't want it
    we must live with our enemies as if they might become friends and our friends as if they might become enemies La Bruyere

We've had most of this house replastered since we bought it last July. Many of the external walls have now been lined with plasterboard which has a layer of polystyrene type material about half an inch thick on it. Its an insulating plasterboard. The plasterer stuck this direct onto the old plaster/bricks (varied from room to room as some rooms we altered some we didn't) then skimmed it. The difference is very noticeable and I'd recommend it.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Thanks Dom and others for the posts. I have been considering the insulated plasterboard for internal wall option but has anyone had any experience of the insulated wallpaper option available, mixed reviews on the web.

Hoping to move shortly and part of the house as solid walls, will also be looking to add insulation.

Default agressive salesman

Put off by agressive salesman!