Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Help- Restless leg syndrome

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    14,099

    Default Help- Restless leg syndrome

    I think I may have restless leg syndrome. 3 night on the trot I have this urge to move my legs in bed. It is horrendous Last night it woke me at 1am and didn't stop until 3.45 am
    I can't say it is painful just an urge to move. I also have a weird jaw sensation.
    Anyone else suffer from it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    Make a GPs appointment TD.
    Could be anaemia or mineral deficiency but you should get it checked out particularly if it is new and persistent.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    14,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obscure View Post
    Make a GPs appointment TD.
    Could be anaemia or mineral deficiency but you should get it checked out particularly if it is new and persistent.
    Thanks Obscure.
    I will as soon as my plaster is off

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,496

    Default

    I mentioned mine to the consultant when i had sciatica, i have had it on and off for years, he just mentioned some mineral or something, but i forget now what it was as was in to much pain with the back lol.
    Maybe a trip to the doc might help you though x

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    14,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meemo38 View Post
    I mentioned mine to the consultant when i had sciatica, i have had it on and off for years, he just mentioned some mineral or something, but i forget now what it was as was in to much pain with the back lol.
    Maybe a trip to the doc might help you though x
    Thanks meemo. I also suffer with nerve damage so it could be related. Maybe when the plaster is off it will settle. How do you manage the symptoms?

  6. #6

    Default

    i used to get it when i was expecting, blooming annoying...laid there jiffling my legs all night! i just put up with it as i didn't think that there would be anything anyone could do about it. good luck with a solution x

  7. #7

    Default

    I use to get this a lot especially as soon as I sat down in the evening and wanted to relax. Mum and daughter also get it so it might be in the genes. Doctor advised mum to buy quinn(cy) water at supermarket. Tried to this but it doesn't seem to help. Mine always seems worse when I have been out shopping a lot! It is so so annoying when you just want to relax and your legs wont let you! Thanks tyroleanddancer for the pm about the coupons.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    S.E. Wales
    Posts
    627

    Default

    It's Quinine you need. Quinine is in tonic water - take a small glass (50ml or so is usually sufficient) before bed & maybe also during the day when it starts.
    I get horrendous leg cramps & it helps me greatly - does the same for 'restless legs'.
    I HATE the taste of tonic water & was surprised to find that quinine is also in bitter lemon drink (check the label). I LOVE bitter lemon so now always have a few bottles in the house. It really does work.
    NO more Tescos for me and 'customer service?' by Basil Fawlties - WHY didn't they let them watch the WHOLE of the training DVD's?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Mix the tonic water with gin 1:1 and it becomes drinkable!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    14,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishes View Post
    It's Quinine you need. Quinine is in tonic water - take a small glass (50ml or so is usually sufficient) before bed & maybe also during the day when it starts.
    I get horrendous leg cramps & it helps me greatly - does the same for 'restless legs'.
    I HATE the taste of tonic water & was surprised to find that quinine is also in bitter lemon drink (check the label). I LOVE bitter lemon so now always have a few bottles in the house. It really does work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpen View Post
    Mix the tonic water with gin 1:1 and it becomes drinkable!
    Thanks both
    I'm not a tonic water fan but will try it. Sorry you are suffering wishes
    I don't drink much alcohol Greenpen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •