Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help- Restless leg syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by tyroleandancer View Post
    Thanks meemo. I also suffer with nerve damage so it could be related. Maybe when the plaster is off it will settle. How do you manage the symptoms?
    I just put up with it i'm afraid,wiggling and jiggling my legs lol, it comes and goes, not had it for a while, i find when i am tired it can be bad, sometimes when its warm they bother me as well x

Well I'm wriggling again trying not to wake hubby!!!

When I try and get to sleep I always have itching. Usually last 10mins or so. Even wondered if bed bugs. Online saw it probably is restless leg syndrome. Doesn't just effect legs. Annoys me and oh. Wouldn't mind sorting it.
    Must take phone to bed, must take phone to bed, must take phone to bed......

Quote Originally Posted by tyroleandancer View Post
    Well I'm wriggling again trying not to wake hubby!!!
    I wonder if it is something to do with the other leg being immobile as it has just come on? I agree with trying tonic it may help and works for night cramps for me too - I was have a small can by my bed and take it on holiday.

GP visit also a good idea hun even with plaster on
    It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled - Mark Twain ♥

Quote Originally Posted by arniep View Post
    When I try and get to sleep I always have itching. Usually last 10mins or so. Even wondered if bed bugs. Online saw it probably is restless leg syndrome. Doesn't just effect legs. Annoys me and oh. Wouldn't mind sorting it.
    Maybe the tonic will work for you arniep, I didn't realise how common it was

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    I wonder if it is something to do with the other leg being immobile as it has just come on? I agree with trying tonic it may help and works for night cramps for me too - I was have a small can by my bed and take it on holiday.

GP visit also a good idea hun even with plaster on
    I was thinking that last night WF. It lasts for about 2 hours I tried the stretching but I can't stretch the left leg out. I'll buy tonic today
    The valerian helped me drop off but the legs woke me. I did get 4 hours sleep before it started though.
    Plaster off in 2 weeks
    Thank you

have had this problem for years but thanks to you all i tried the bitter lemon drink and am amazed that this problem has almost stopped and i am getting a good undisturbed sleep finally thank you so much
    Don't let life get you down.

Quote Originally Posted by minxbobine View Post
    have had this problem for years but thanks to you all i tried the bitter lemon drink and am amazed that this problem has almost stopped and i am getting a good undisturbed sleep finally thank you so much
    That is fab news I'm still suffering but not as much as I was. I may need to up the tonic water.

I've suffered from this, and it's horrible... But I found that putting a cold wet flannel over my ankle (or ankles if both affected) helps it no end!

I also found that when I stopped having the laptop on my lap I didn't get it for ages

Found out when Asda glitched on Irn Bru that it also contains Quinine.
    I have NO problems when I drink Bitter Lemon or Irn Bru (get the diet ones unless you want the empty calories).

I've realised I probably had this since my early 20's not my 40's as I was invariably the 'named driver' - always needed car for work, thankfully often a co. car - my drink of choice was always bitter lemon.

The doctors at one time used to prescribe quinine for leg cramps/restless legs but you are far safer drinking a soft drink as far less likely to overdose. Half a pint of Tonic water, Bitter lemon or Irn bru contains about 25mg. A pill would contain about 250mg - so far safer to drink a soft drink.

Minxbobine - It's great that you are having relief. There's nothing worse than waking up screaming in agony. I shocked hubby awake quite a few times doing this - especially when I had surgery on my shoulder and a days no driving turned into a suggested 3 months as they had to do more than expected. I just had to drive to supermarket to get my wonderful pain release.
    NO more Tescos for me and 'customer service?' by Basil Fawlties - WHY didn't they let them watch the WHOLE of the training DVD's?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly_xx View Post
    I've suffered from this, and it's horrible... But I found that putting a cold wet flannel over my ankle (or ankles if both affected) helps it no end!

I also found that when I stopped having the laptop on my lap I didn't get it for ages
    Another great tip Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Wishes View Post
    Found out when Asda glitched on Irn Bru that it also contains Quinine.
    I have NO problems when I drink Bitter Lemon or Irn Bru (get the diet ones unless you want the empty calories).

I've realised I probably had this since my early 20's not my 40's as I was invariably the 'named driver' - always needed car for work, thankfully often a co. car - my drink of choice was always bitter lemon.

The doctors at one time used to prescribe quinine for leg cramps/restless legs but you are far safer drinking a soft drink as far less likely to overdose. Half a pint of Tonic water, Bitter lemon or Irn bru contains about 25mg. A pill would contain about 250mg - so far safer to drink a soft drink.

Minxbobine - It's great that you are having relief. There's nothing worse than waking up screaming in agony. I shocked hubby awake quite a few times doing this - especially when I had surgery on my shoulder and a days no driving turned into a suggested 3 months as they had to do more than expected. I just had to drive to supermarket to get my wonderful pain release.
    I'll try Iron bru - anything will be better than tonic water yuk