Thread: TopCashBack cashback guarantee

Default TopCashBack cashback guarantee

Anybody had much experience of this? I did a Hotels.com booking the other day - Quidco were doing 12% so I waited till it had tracked on TCB then clicked on this. I didn't know what to put in the 'expected cashback' amount box so worked out the higher amount and put that in. Then followed it through and put the link to Quidco in. I remember someone here saying it was really quick and updated to the higher amount, but two days on mine hasn't, and Quidco offer ends in a couple of days so the link won't show it if they don't pull their fingers out. It's only a couple of quid but wondered if anyone can advise on this?

Also there is a HP code on there which doesn't work. Searches on it show it ran till 19th August. I've reported it but it's still showing, but a new member one has appeared for 10% off which does work. When you click on it it warns it might affect cashback. As both are 10% I will take the risk - at worst we get the discount only (but nothing lost) its instant. Again, just wondered if anyone has experience in such matters on TCB with member posted discount codes?
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

I've done a few times. I've had the amount due change overnight to the Quidco amount +1%. Sometimes it's taken 2 days & I have a feeling once it took 4 days. I don't think it matters if the Quidco offer changes in the meantime - wayback machine - BUT they probably won't need that as I think they are pretty on top of other offers.

Re. member posted codes - no hard & fast rule on this - all I can say is cashback on TCB has only ever once been refused by TCB in the 4-5yrs I've been with them (TV bought from company that went belly-up) and I've used lots of member codes in that time.
    Last edited by Wishes; 30th November 2012 at 14:20.
    NO more Tescos for me and 'customer service?' by Basil Fawlties - WHY didn't they let them watch the WHOLE of the training DVD's?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishes View Post
    I've done a few times. I've had the amount due change overnight to the Quidco amount +1%. Sometimes it's taken 2 days & I have a feeling once it took 4 days. I don't think it matters if the Quidco offer changes in the meantime - wayback machine - BUT they probably won't need that as I think they are pretty on top of other offers.

Re. member posted codes - no hard & fast rule on this - all I can say is cashback on TCB has only ever once been refused by TCB in the 4-5yrs I've been with them (TV bought from company that went belly-up) and I've used lots of member codes in that time.
    Thanks for this Wishes, reassuring. Obviously if the cashback doesn't track or gets refused we have only lost the 0.1% bonus, so nothing ventured nothing gained. But good to know that the cashback is more of a possibility than I suspected.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

I've used the cashback guarantee countless times and it's always gone smoothly. They probably capture the competitors webpage when you submit the claim, so I doubt it matters what changes happen afterwards, although I don't know this for sure.