Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: When Do You Put Your Christmas Decorations Up?

The deed is done. I'm always a little sad that Christmas is officially over, but I'm also usually ready to clear the clutter by this time.

We're usually the last to take down our outside lights, though some of our neighbours still had theirs going on Thursday.

I can remember visiting my parents once in July and spotting a house that still had its outside lights up. Not on, just up. Apparently it was too much work to put them up and take them down each year. I'm not sure whether they'd still be in working order by the next Christmas though!

Quote Originally Posted by Second Born View Post
    The deed is done. I'm always a little sad that Christmas is officially over, but I'm also usually ready to clear the clutter by this time.

We're usually the last to take down our outside lights, though some of our neighbours still had theirs going on Thursday.

I can remember visiting my parents once in July and spotting a house that still had its outside lights up. Not on, just up. Apparently it was too much work to put them up and take them down each year. I'm not sure whether they'd still be in working order by the next Christmas though!
    Just finish packing them all away into boxes. I was ready for the tree to go but it all looks a bit bare

I've noticed a lot of folk leave their outdoor lights out all year but just don't switch them on. My neighbours do, I never seem to get round to doing outdoor lights.
    Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy - Groucho Marx

Was in town today and the shops looked so empty and bare with all the decorations away. They've been up for so long - Octoberish - you kinda get used to them and the place looked weird without them!