Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When Do You Put Your Christmas Decorations Up?

We put ours up last weekend as always put up last weekend of Novemeber. DD gets hyper & we love Xmas so make the most of it. Busy all weekends in Dec so needed them up early & speads the work out. They come down on 1st Jan as over by then & want to get back to normality.

Anytime from now until around the middle of December dependent on what's going on. We take them down around 12th night too.

I too don't get those who put them up ridiculously early and take them down before New Year. To me the main event is through to early January, even if I am working. It is 12 days of Christmas after all. Can understand people not wanting them up for ages but why put them up way before Christmas and take them down the day after Boxing Day because you are bored with them, right in the middle of the festive season? Then again New Year is part of the Christmas celebrations to me, maybe to others it isn't?
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Dom's signature has, at long long last become appropriate!!

I wonder if he'll be changing it on 12th Night - call me old fashioned but if you claim to have opinions on current debates then its best to be current [my weak attempt at paraphrasing Nic Agarwal, for those who remember Dom's previous signature]

Dom: You've got just over a month to come up with something truly inspirational.

I try to get them up before the uni break when mine come home, think that's the 14 th this year, can't remember when they were younger whenever it suited.
    This year I've no idea, I'm trying to move, still waiting to exchange
    I might just put them up and say knickers to my buyers
    I've ruined Christmas already by not making a cake, first time in 25yrs, well that's what OH said.

About a week before Xmas not a huge amount of decs, but always have a large real tree and keep it up till twelfth night. Like to have a lot of cream church type candles and fresh greenery not too keen on the plastic and glitzy stuff.
    Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy - Groucho Marx

Putting them up now

Me too

Mine went up today too, but not completely finished. Take them down after new year, but not too long afterwards. Absolutely love xmas but glad to take the decs down straight after new year

I am usually 2 weeks before xmas and take them down around 2 weeks after - rather when it fits in

Not yet! Try not to put them up too early as get sick of them. Take them down on 12th night.

Did put outside lights on last night as hadn't actually taken them own from last year!
    No longer a friend of Tesco. Farewell DTD.