Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christmas day lunch ideas

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEGUINEAPIG View Post
    i like quorn the best, i don't really like the tesco meat free range at all,
    we also sometimes have cauldron
    i think they tend to make vegetarian food highly flavoured to compensate for no meat
    we prefer quorn to other brands
    I'm the same, love the quorn mince and use it in lots of things, but tried the tesco mince stuff and even the kids refused it!
    No longer a friend of Tesco. Farewell DTD.

Well I have decided on a gammon joint for main course, can sit in the slow coker til OH gets back from family visit, roast pots and parsnips and veg.
    Smoked salmon, crab, lobster, prawns and caviar starter, love hearing everyone elses plans.

Quote Originally Posted by markat View Post
    Well I have decided on a gammon joint for main course, can sit in the slow coker til OH gets back from family visit, roast pots and parsnips and veg.
    Smoked salmon, crab, lobster, prawns and caviar starter, love hearing everyone elses plans.
    did u get free gammon
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

We are a big family and all together this year - there will be 13 of us for xmas day (me, oh, dd1 & sil, ds1 & sil (we call them the gays lol), ds2 and dil(to be), dd2, dd3, 2 grandsons (age 2 and 6 months) and step grand-daughter.

We are having a mixed seafood starter with homemade tartare sauce. For the main everyone has a preference so up to now its: beef, smoked gammon, goose and turkey with all the usual stuff.

Home-made Black Forest dessert for pud cos we all love it.

Can't wait for xmas x

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmos View Post
    did u get free gammon
    No I didn't.

Gosh arent you lot a posh lot? For me Christmas dinner is just a glorified Roast, we'll be having chicken with all the trimmings. Hubby gets a humungous free turkey from work every year but after freezing most of it one year and then not fancying it when it was defrosted (not very moneysaving I know) we now give it to a very good friend of mine who has her 7 for dinner and I know she will get every last scrap off it then boil the bones for stock, feel much happier doing this and as she is a brilliant cook I get some home cooked goodies in return.

Feel like I should make more of an effort now, might knock up a prawn coctail as well.
    11 1/2 lbs / 42lbs only 30 1/2 to go I WILL be a yummy mummy again by summer.