Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Cruise Or Career Towards Christmas?

Default Do You Cruise Or Career Towards Christmas?

Do You Cruise Or Career Towards Christmas?

I have been cruising towards Christmas until today but now I'm in panic mode

There is SO much to do

So as Christmas is just 6 days away, how ready are you?
    Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game using a GPS

by Friday night I had done nothing, now all cards have been send (managed to catch the last day of 2nd class ), tree up and decorated. All presents bought and wrapped although a few still to be collected from Next (I am too tight to pay for delivery). only the food left to buy now and think I am going to blow my nectar points on a turkey from sainsburys so I feel like I am not spending money. Just hope I can get one for 68,000 points.
    Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy - Groucho Marx

i'm a cruiser but start early, aug prob
    our xmas is satdy, hubby and i have had a chat and been to sainsbobs last night

it's coming ready not not lol, panic will just wear u out and shorten ure temper nd life expectancy!
    Weight loss total: 4 stone 8lb! at the top of target range oops!

i used to panic every year and rush around like a mad woman, now i cruise!
    presents are done, tree is up just the food shop to do now.
    i may well change to a panicer in the next couple of days as we are away doing the xmas family visit down south for the weekend so 2 missing days to get shopping and as monday is xmas eve i will probably be running round the way too busy supermarket getting the things ive forgotten!
    whos idea was it to visit the weekend before xmas instead of during the holiday week???? oh yeh that was mine arghhhhhhhhhhh lol!
    no seriously no panic for me, if its not done its not done! its only a day !
    bex xx
    Is now a married woman!!

It's only a day lol
    I moved last Monday so my life been in boxes for a couple of weeks, Christmas as been the last thing on my mind.
    I did Wang a tree up last night before my daughter comes home for a weeks holiday on Sat.
    I've not made a cake this year oh said I've ruined chrismas and what will he have in his lunch box in Jan
    Not sending cards this year,its my main stress every year, normal service may resume next year
    I only realised Christmas was next Tuesday yesterday

Present shopping done, tree and decorations up, spare beds stripped and bedding washed, doing big food shop at one stop shop M&S on 22nd. I get up at 6 and am in M&S by 6.30am and home by 8.30 unpacked and drinking a cuppa It works for me.

Stay calm it's only Christimas
    It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled - Mark Twain ♥

Quote Originally Posted by msjg View Post
    It's only a day lol
    That is so true msjg Hope you have a lovely day in your new home

M&S near us is open Boxing Day ...
    It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled - Mark Twain ♥

Cruiser here! It's a Glorified Sunday roast. I don't send cards, visit those important to me and ring a few others
    Children have never had everything they asked for so I have never dashed around for those elusive must haves.
    Oh dear I sound like a grump lol

I always buy through the year. Glad to be organised as had surgery last week, then got a horrible cough/cold and so have barely left the house all week. Did a food shop on Monday, first time I had gone out nice getting back from hospital, and felt so ill.

Don't have to worry about Christmas dinner as go to my in laws. Tree is up. Main thing now is wrapping presents.
    No longer a friend of Tesco. Farewell DTD.

Cruised through it this year, working full time so praise be for online shopping.... not a lot of money at all to spend but this year it hasn't been a problem, by Friday the kids will both be home from uni -seeing my other daughter and her family on Boxing day, food shopping over the weekend... that's the bit I am dreading - the crowds and the cost!
    Is a Scorpio and is going to stay a scorpio