Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Cruise Or Career Towards Christmas?

Every year I say I will be more organised the next year & I never am !!. I've even given up glitching for 3 weeks as it's just too much.

Finding it a bit hard this year working evenings and not sleeping till about 1 am, yesterday I wanted to have a sleep but had to start wrapping pressies and same again today - but am enjoying the extra cash and not being tight this year. (how do full time working mums do it!!)

I have spent far more than I usually do on the kids but with the job and and a PPI payout I'm thinking what the hell - I may be skint again this time next year and I've done 13 years frugally - this year is a one off.

Finish work on Thursday night, this is when I will breathe,relax and start to enjoy it. Pantomime on Friday (3 x 30 tickets all paid for with clubcard - can't wait to see Louie Spence!!), outdoor ice skating on saturday and maybe cinema on Sunday.

Whatever everyone is doing, careering or cruising I wish all my PTS friends a very happy and peaceful Christmas and a prosperous, filled with glitches New Year.

Salsa
    11 1/2 lbs / 42lbs only 30 1/2 to go I WILL be a yummy mummy again by summer.

I cruise. A few years back I started following flylady which is very American in style but has some great ideas. Her best idea for Christmas is to pretend you are away the whole of December so you have to organise Christmas before that. It works for me and leads to a very peaceful December.
    She takes a room each week of the month and gives you a 10 minute cleaning and tidying thing to do that day. It works for me as I want a really tidy clean home but don't want to spend all day cleaning.
    http://www.flylady.net/d/cruising-through-the-holidays/

Quote Originally Posted by grunnie View Post
    I cruise. A few years back I started following flylady which is very American in style but has some great ideas. Her best idea for Christmas is to pretend you are away the whole of December so you have to organise Christmas before that. It works for me and leads to a very peaceful December.
    She takes a room each week of the month and gives you a 10 minute cleaning and tidying thing to do that day. It works for me as I want a really tidy clean home but don't want to spend all day cleaning.
    http://www.flylady.net/d/cruising-through-the-holidays/
    lol - I discovered Flylady a few years back - but too disorganised to keep up with it !!!!
    11 1/2 lbs / 42lbs only 30 1/2 to go I WILL be a yummy mummy again by summer.

Definitely a cruiser - as other posters have said its only a day. Going to my ds and dil for christmas day - will help them as much as possible. Got family coming for boxing day but certainly not getting in a stress about it.

Only a day? There are 12 days of Christmas
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Do I Cruise? Do I Career? No. I sort of Crash in to Christmas. Or rather it crashes in to me.

As usual I start with the best intentions of being well organised, then it sneaks up quietly behind me and bites me in the bum.

I sort of have in mind that it happens at the end of the month/year. And then 3 weeks in to December reality strikes. But I am a little ahead this year - all cards sent ages ago, and I've bought so few presents I should get them all wrapped on Friday (at least that's the plan) rather than having to do some early morning on the 25th as has happened sometimes.

Lost a bit of focus on Xmas preparations in the past few days and have instead spent ages booking a Spring/Summer 2013 holiday. Well at least that will beat the post Christmas scramble.

I really dont understand why people get in to a panic about christmas. It's only a day I love christmas, and really have a chilled and relaxed time. Lots of lovely food and drink, Time off work/ away from usual routine. What's there to stress about. We had a curry one year. It was fab. Might do the same this year. Thinking of going away somewhere hot next year funds permitting.

Quote Originally Posted by winebuff View Post
    I really dont understand why people get in to a panic about christmas. It's only a day.
    There are 12 days of Christmas Seriously though, I agree. It's supposed to be a relaxed time, people go absolutely stupid in the supermarkets and spend a stupid anount of money and waste so much food. People buying crates and crates of beer and bottles and bottles of spirits too - Bonkers.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

christmas - bah humbug - as am getting older its just another day - parents are going abroad as per the last 20 years (give or take missing an odd one) am jealous - lol they got a FUll Board Deal in Canaries at 4 star hotel for 250 (thats for both of them!!!)

me well working till 7pm Xmas Eve and then back in again on Boxing Day if needed - else it be the day after until 11pm on New Years Eve
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

The cards are done, the tree is up and I've finished the present shopping. Still waiting for a couple to arrive and still need to wrap most of them.

I have barely started on the baking (apart from the cake which I did at the end of October and have been feeding with brandy ever since). So I'll spend the weekend baking up a storm.

But I'm taking tonight off!