Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed with a gift tag on a present

Default Help needed with a gift tag on a present

For many years now there's always been a joke present given between my middle daughter & my husband. It's always been sprout related (a long story). Before my husband died in October, he managed to find my daughter a lap tray with sprouts on it and after buying it, hid it in his wardrobe. We laughed about it as we knew she would love it. I've spoken to my other 2 daughters about this present as Andrew hadn't bought them anything at that time & they are OK with it. My problem is, what do I write on the gift tag? Any ideas?
    In loving memory of my gorgeous husband & best friend ... Andrew xxx

hugs Vanda, this Christmas will be difficult for you all

Maybe just write from Santa on the tag? She will know who it's from.....

Depending on how the sprout related joke came about could the tag just relate to the joke?

Write whatever he would normally have written on the tag and when you give her the present explain that he had chosen the gift for her before he passed away.

I can remember my grandfather doing the same thing after my grandmother passed away.

Talking

I would write it from your hubby as well, he was there when you bought it and this will mean SO much to your daughter - it will be such a precious gift to her.

You could write something like, bought by your Dad and I, with love from Mum xxx

HTH
    Last edited by uklego; 20th December 2012 at 21:30.
    Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game using a GPS

My heart goes out to you, I think you need to be quite careful as Christmas is a time when its likely to hit hardest that he’s gone anyway. I wouldn’t write Santa myself as it needs to be clear that its from you – that sounds funny – she’s obviously clear there’s no Santa but a second’s confusion may be upsetting.

You know her/ her likely reaction best, I’d be inclined to write something like: “Dear XX, it will be me buying your sprouts from now on, but this was a last gift from Dad, lots of love mum”
    we must live with our enemies as if they might become friends and our friends as if they might become enemies La Bruyere

Have sent a rep to you all. Thank you for your input, it is really hard to know what to do for the best but your suggestions have helped xxx
    In loving memory of my gorgeous husband & best friend ... Andrew xxx

i remember getting a gift from my mum she passed away 9th Dec that she had bought and wrapped before she passed away .. it just said love from mum ..

i'd write from Mum and /or Dad and just explain he's chosen it before he passed away

My Dad died a couple of years ago suddenly just before xmas and he and my mum had been xmas shopping and he had chosen a beautiful charm for a Thomas Sabo bracelet that I have. My Dad always used to put three kisses on everything so my mum just put three kisses on the gift tag.

I knew straight away who it was from but I would have guessed anyway as it was so him. It is the most treasured present. I also found lots of presents in his drawer he had bought for my mum so I wrapped them up and gave them to her from him. Of course it made us cry but that's what happens when you have such an amazing Dad!! Hope that helps and hope your Christmas is good.

write it from Andrew hunni,
    my Dad died last year and i bought my daughter a grandaughters necklace for xmas from him and wrote it from him.... it was her inheritence really. he left me everything and i bought the kids a pressie from him as a momento.
    my OH's nan still writes our cards from nan and grandad if she puts money in it, she points out its his money so its only right lol!
    big hugs, hope you are doing ok! bex xx
    Is now a married woman!!