Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Eve bargains

Default Christmas Eve bargains

Anyone here target the bargains in supermarkets on Christmas Eve? Any suggestions as to the best times to go? Might be having a nosy tomorrow, am thinking the last hour, but some supermarkets clear stuff out early and have nothing left at the end of the day, so possibly 2pm for those shutting at 4?
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

I think I'm going, well I do have an half empty freezer.
    Not sure which shops I will go to having moved a week or so back.
    I've not done much shopping of late and my 2 adult kids arrived last night so I really need a bit more in stock, can't be bothered to go today.

I think I am going as well, I have bought one of tescos free range finest turkeys, but have 6400 nectar points burning a hole in my pocket so I wouldn't mind a trip to Sainsburys to see if I can get a cheap bird and freeze it. I also have to pass our M&S that is just a food store on the way so might give it a look.

Haven't got a clue what time to go in though, I was wondering the same thing myself. I think a lot of stores seem to be doing better stock control these days due to how tough it is out there, so not as many whoopsies about, but I guess Xmas is the one time it's hard for them to work out numbers so hopefully bargains to be had.
    Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy - Groucho Marx

I think the last hour will be too late. I wish I'd made a note of the time I went last year as I did very well. I got packs of meat almost for nothing when the multibuy kicked in.

I'm thinking of going between 3 and 4 pm. The store closes at 7pm but I think they will want to have cleared things long before closing. They will be shifting three times the amount that they do on Sundays.

Nothing in my waitrose, sainsbury or tesco today so lets hope for better things tomorrow. I think every supermarket has its own times (we have two tesco's and both these are different from each other. I think I am going to do waitrose at about 2.30 and then asda after 4 ish to fit in with my other plans. Had a great haul last year at asda in the bakery dept but I think things are different this year with stock control as another poster said. Never like today have i been out on a sunday afternoon and not picked up one whoopsie.

Not sure what time I will be finishing work tomorrow but as my bus drops me right by T and Sains will pop into both, probably be about 5pm.
    Hope people get lucky!

I usually get a whole salmon for 10 around this time and do it for new year's eve

Any sign of cheap whole salmons yet?

Edit: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Produ.../?id=254294233

a 2kg one for 10 will do nicely

Will the fishmongers be open if I go at silly o'clock tonight?
    Last edited by PanGalactic; 23rd December 2012 at 16:24.
    No longer posting on FascistTalk - Adios Avios!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PanGalactic View Post
    I usually get a whole salmon for 10 around this time and do it for new year's eve

Any sign of cheap whole salmons yet?
    When I was in Asda a couple of days ago they did whole salmons for 4/kg.

I will have to go shopping tomorrow as I do not have my turkey yet. Will not leave it too late in case there's nothing left.

Poundsinbucks x
    loves making FREE money

i've got to brave either Sainsburys / M&S or Waitrose in town tomorrow about 4pm ... getting some "party food" for the team working Xmas Eve Night and Xmas Day so hope there is something left!
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Quote Originally Posted by Poundsinbucks View Post
    When I was in Asda a couple of days ago they did whole salmons for 4/kg.

I will have to go shopping tomorrow as I do not have my turkey yet. Will not leave it too late in case there's nothing left.

Poundsinbucks x
    4 sounds better than 5, but I need to grab a few gift cards for the 4sq thing so I was going to go to T's to be honest

Tempting to make a special trip to A's and maybe get a couple more to freeze!
    No longer posting on FascistTalk - Adios Avios!