Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Eve bargains

My Sains closes at 6, T at 7pm tomorrow.

Our local Asda is opening from 12pm tonight until 4pm tomorrow. Wonder if I will beat the rush if I go at midnight tonight or if everyone will have the same idea.

i've got 2 stores planned tomorrow
    the best time of year for bargains!

Was at Waitrose this morning before 8am for a couple of last minute fresh items. They already had lots of reductions about 40% off in fish, ready meals, puds etc. I think it will all be gone by this afternoon.

I went to Tesco's at 6.10 am and didn't see any bargains but i have no plans to go back later.

DIL has just gone to Asda. Apparently they are having a clothing and gift sale today. Don't know if it's just that store though.

am workign and just been for lunch and wandered in Waitrose - reductions are poor on stuff that is actually reduced - on the stuff that isnt there are things with sell by dates of tomorrow / 26th ....
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Christmas trees 1p in b&q

My late night shop didn't go too well

There weren't really any bargains I could see honestly, in fact things seemed quite expensive!

The salmons at T's were huge, too big to go in the oven and therefore about 15-20 each Didn't get one

I also had a bit of a nightmare with my 5 spend and save as the shopping came to 79.16, so I added in a 25 monsoon voucher to bring it upto 104.16, then realised if I used my spend and save, it would be less than 100, arrrrgh! I needed to use 2 Amex cards to pay with cos I'm doing the 4sq thing so I didn't use my spend and save and paid with the 2 amexes.

4 cards to go, so I picked up 3 Tesco gift cards and 2 x 25 monsoon, Asked for 50 on 2 of the tesco cards and 55 on the other one. I was planning to use my spend and save to get 5 off the total, but she couldn't put it through, even with a supervisor, so I still have the spend and save

Some people were really getting the hump with me at 2:00am with trolleys queuing 1/2 way up the aisle they must have been thinking "What the hell is that guy up to and why does he have 6 credit cards?"

I now absolutely realise what I should have done which was to do everything on 1 transaction, load all the money onto 1-2 gift cards rather than several, load an extra quid onto one of them, and just split payment at the end. But remember, this was at 02:00

What is the max you can load on an T's gift card anyway please?
    I know it's 250 on asda, but this was the first time I bought T's.

I might pop over to A's for a mad one later this afternoon and take a look at their salmons
    No longer posting on FascistTalk - Adios Avios!

Quote Originally Posted by hippygirl View Post
    Christmas trees 1p in b&q
    I'm going to get 10 right now!
    No longer posting on FascistTalk - Adios Avios!