Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Eve bargains

I was a complete fail I only went to M&S as couldn't be arised with a proper supermarket and got a fancy Xmas cake reduced from 15 to 7.50 which I would imagine if there are any left will be about two quid on Boxing Day or the day after.

There was hardly anything discounted in the M&S I was in, they were baking fresh baguettes on the shop floor though so bought one at some exhorbitant price but it was nice - love warm bread.
    Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy - Groucho Marx

From Asda website: Up to 1/2 price clothing sale starts today on line, and Boxing Day in store. Also Asda direct offering reductions/clearance lines.

Smile

No food reduced in my M&S, hardly any turkeys left in Sainsburys and non reduced. From good old Teso, got a turkey breast/thigh joint reduced from 16 for 12.80 which will do us tomorrow and also for Boxing Day cold with leftovers. Also got a Christmas chocolate log reduced from 5 for 2.15, which will be our pud for the next two days. All shopped out now, not going to Asda!

Merry Christmas everybody!!

Poundsinbucks x
    loves making FREE money

We popped to Tesco in Bury St Eds on the way back from visiting Norfolk. Not much there. Loads of things expiring today but not reduced much, but they are open till 7. Sainsbury's in Sudbury were much better, ended up with a huge whole salmon - originally 24, on offer at 12, reduced to 8, then went and asked at fish counter if they could do any better as they had reduced everything to half price. Yes certainly he said - how about 5? So Polo's mum has a huge salmon in the freezer for the new year . Also got some Lurpak lighter with olive oil big tub from 3 to 79p.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Nothing to get excited about in Waitrose Altrincham! Very disappointing, especially as I had to pay full price for one of the last two Turkeys in the store! Certainly not the same bargains to be had as there was last year - although the store is open till six.
    "We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like." - Dave Ramsey

We went too early from around 2-3 we got a few reduced spuds for jackets on boxing day and half price trifle. No mega reductions and I can't be bothered to go back. We have enough and I'm sure there will be a few bargains in the week to come to fill the space in the freezer.

Got quite a few bargains in Waitrose this afternoon - very happy in this house!
    Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by teatowell View Post
    Got quite a few bargains in Waitrose this afternoon - very happy in this house!
    went back at 530 and the shelves were bare!
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Saw the queues and decided not to bother, was choas in both T and Sains here at 4pm.

Worst ever year for my christmas eve bargains. Visited waitrose at 3 pm. not a red sticker in sight, Asda 3 lots of 20p rolls and tesco a packet apple 5p and some veg mix 15p. All shelves empty in tesco and they were getting in new stock. This was about an hour before closing. No turkeys left. Luckily I had some excellent shops in waitrose just before christmas and have some lovely goodies for very little cost!