Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Gifts/Bad Gifts.

Default Good Gifts/Bad Gifts.

I know we should not complain about a gift but.......What gift has been good or bad for you ????
    A customer gave my husband a thank you present .....Fab Fingers. Would you believe !!!!!
    Another one years ago this is is an elderly Aunt, gave my husband 6 second hand Tennis balls for Christmas....and no he does not play tennis !!!!!

my fab gift was a Kindle fire ( just have to work out how to use it lol)
    my worst was perfume ...evry year my sil get me avon perfume even though i tell her i cant use it as i have Asthma and it is one of my triggers .

Quote Originally Posted by heatherks View Post
    my worst was perfume ...evry year my sil get me avon perfume even though i tell her i cant use it as i have Asthma and it is one of my triggers .
    One of your triggers heatherks ?? Didn't think that Asda sold Avon!!

Quote Originally Posted by heatherks View Post
    my best friend always buys me avon perfume too which i dont wear... i wouldnt mind so much but im actually an avon rep

best pressie this year was my galaxy tab, even though it made me hyperventilate trying to get books on it lol

worst pressie was probably my oil of olay set with face toner and a eye mask lol but only cos i'll never have time to use it with a 3 year old!
    i find all smelly giftsets a waste of time, as ive got a big bag on lotions and potions out of them under the bed and some of it has got to be 5 years old! really need to start chucking it out but i feel guilty cos people bought it for me
    Is now a married woman!!

Quote Originally Posted by beckieboop View Post
    my best friend always buys me avon perfume too which i dont wear... i wouldnt mind so much but im actually an avon rep

best pressie this year was my galaxy tab, even though it made me hyperventilate trying to get books on it lol

worst pressie was probably my oil of olay set with face toner and a eye mask lol but only cos i'll never have time to use it with a 3 year old!
    i find all smelly giftsets a waste of time, as ive got a big bag on lotions and potions out of them under the bed and some of it has got to be 5 years old! really need to start chucking it out but i feel guilty cos people bought it for me
    Body lotions will go off beckie. Some of these I have opened much too late have all gone a bit solid !!! I think there is a lot of things for perfume you could use......Spraying around the house for air freshners......Using a little in you ironing water keeps the clothes and house smelling nice.......Put a little in you fabric softener draw of your washing machine. putting a few drops in the bottom of shoes.....The list is endless.

Porcelain figurines from beatrix potter for my 3yo which she will never be allowed to play with as they break too easily and will just sit in a cupboard somewhere gathering dust.

I can't give them to the charity shop either as the person who gave them to us is likely to ask where they are at some point.

Where am I supposed to put this crap?

Oh and someone got us a virgin experience afternoon tea which the only places in London to redeem it at are at Radisson hotels (eurgh). It's not even champagne afternoon tea so worth about 10 per person and I'd have to take 1/2 a day off work to go to it, or hire a babysitter to do it at the weekend.

Bah Humbug!
    Last edited by PanGalactic; 29th December 2012 at 17:39.
    No longer posting on FascistTalk - Adios Avios!

Some people think ceramic figures are gorgeous...: I suspect they felt they were giving a collectible they would keep and treasure in older years? The afternoon tea is an imaginative idea for those who have everything.... But I can see your point with the logistics!

Lots of nice pressies here. Lots of books I will read, inc John Challis (Boycie) two books signed by the author . A bigger better portable phone charger for my iPhone that will be used daily at work. Lots of Guinness clothes, pen, choc, camera holster... No really bad presents to be fair. Although the key finder that beeps when you even move it or make any noise inc opening the stove doors is going to get buried somewhere I think!
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Some people think ceramic figures are gorgeous...: I suspect they felt they were giving a collectible they would keep and treasure in older years?
    I have a gut feeling this was something given to said person which they didn't want and decided to recycle by giving it to us
    No longer posting on FascistTalk - Adios Avios!

I try to be grateful for all gifts, but there is always one weird one that has us scratching our head with puzzlement.

My oddest present this year was "Scents of the Bible" - a gift box with tiny bottles with Frankincense, Myrrh and Spikenard (which I have never heard of). Just bizarre! My MIL has never got her head around me being Catholic - or at least that's the only reason I can imagine for this. And for the record, they smell truly awful!

haha funny thread!

i got rally driver training which is fab!

not so much on the wonky front this year, my mum is class for that as a rule and she got me a truely non stick frying pan!
    however sha gave my son a box which when u take the lid off has a plastic cricket under a brolly that chirrups, except it wouldnt work on demand, just started chirruping randomly laster on!

DS is 16!
    Weight loss total: 4 stone 8lb! at the top of target range oops!