Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Gifts/Bad Gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by M123 View Post
    Body lotions will go off beckie. Some of these I have opened much too late have all gone a bit solid !!! I think there is a lot of things for perfume you could use......Spraying around the house for air freshners......Using a little in you ironing water keeps the clothes and house smelling nice.......Put a little in you fabric softener draw of your washing machine. putting a few drops in the bottom of shoes.....The list is endless.
    some good idesa there thank you! im gonna clean them out next week when OH is back at work, that way he wont be horrified by how much i havent used lol! x
    Is now a married woman!!

Quote Originally Posted by suziq View Post
    haha funny thread!

i got rally driver training which is fab!

not so much on the wonky front this year, my mum is class for that as a rule and she got me a truely non stick frying pan!
    however sha gave my son a box which when u take the lid off has a plastic cricket under a brolly that chirrups, except it wouldnt work on demand, just started chirruping randomly laster on!

DS is 16!
    that made me laugh, reminds me that people dont notice children growing up, till it smacks them in the face one day lol! my sister once bought my son an action man, he was 12 at the time...all because he loved them, hmmmm when he was 6 lol! made me realise how much she has missed by moving away and not making the effort with any of us since. we laugh about it every year still though so its all good
    Is now a married woman!!

haha beckie, so true!

mum collects freebies from catalog companies thru the year and i got to riffle thru and pick things out for my lot lol, at least it means not another shredder!

she had kept chirrupy to one side tho, lol
    Weight loss total: 4 stone 8lb! at the top of target range oops!

A couple of my favourites this year:

a) A Bop-It! Smash. (yeah, I'm just a big kid really and toys are the true meaning of Christmas. Did you know that over at MSE Towers Saint Martin himself is a Bop-It! fan)

b) A lovely book (I hope, when I start to read it) with the inspiring title of More Tea, Less Vicar!

It would seem people think I like things with an exclamation mark in the product name or title !!!!

And the one I actually hated:

A bottle of champagne: from people who really should know I don't care for the stuff, but moreover a brand they know was the favourite of a dear departed friend (and close relative of theirs). I think they probably bought it specially, rather than simply clearing the deceased's wine rack - although there definitely was some on the rack when they died. Only my stingyness stopped me pouring it straight down the drain. OK OK OK I am an undeserving oldvicar and they probably meant well, but it really was so inappropriate that I still can't believe it happened.

I think I have moved on from Christmas gifts to be honest, got myself a book saved to the 25th as knew partner could not afford to get my anything this year. Was still a treat to open and start reading, got him a couple of bits from Boots with vouchers from survey websites, we were both happy.