Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lump in Neck

Managed a dr appointment this morning, 40 mins after my nurses appointment. She asked for a blood test, so had to go back to the nurse, and I also have to book an appointment for an ultrasound of my thyroid next week when I'm back from hols.

Thanks all, me and my treble chin will keep you posted! Between this and my bladder surgery not working I am feeling a little fed up at the moment.
    No longer a friend of Tesco. Farewell DTD.

Ladyshopper, I have had no experience with lumps. All I can say is, if you are worried enough to tell us then you should get it checked out hun. Big cyber hugs & good luck xxx

Didn't read your latest post ... sorry
    I'm glad you are getting it sorted, hope you enjoy your holiday as much as you can xxx
    In loving memory of my gorgeous husband & best friend ... Andrew xxx

Thank you vanda. I get the blood test results Friday hopefully, and will also phone the hospital to make my appointment, as have to leave it 3 working days before I phone.

my scan date came thru today LS, join the club!
    Weight loss total: 4 stone 8lb! at the top of target range oops!

Glad you managed to see someone LS try and have a nice holiday. Fingers crossed for your scan Suz
    LS sorrybto hear you op didn't work, I have been offered TVT for a prolapse but have turned it down.

tvt can be fab tyrole, do some research on ure local surgeons, some are better than others

also they do it under spinal so u dont have to go to sleep!

xx
    Weight loss total: 4 stone 8lb! at the top of target range oops!

Quote Originally Posted by tyroleandancer View Post
    Glad you managed to see someone LS try and have a nice holiday. Fingers crossed for your scan Suz
    LS sorrybto hear you op didn't work, I have been offered TVT for a prolapse but have turned it down.
    A friend of mine has just had that and it worked. Any reason you've turned it down tyrole, as have heard its very effective.

Good luck with your scan suziq.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
    A friend of mine has just had that and it worked. Any reason you've turned it down tyrole, as have heard its very effective.

Good luck with your scan suziq.
    I've turned it down to due back problems through surgery and the effects the disc prolapse has had on my bladder nerves. The consultant said i had a high risk of urine retention scared stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by tyroleandancer View Post
    I've turned it down to due back problems through surgery and the effects the disc prolapse has had on my bladder nerves. The consultant said i had a high risk of urine retention scared stiff.
    Oh bless you. I can understand that. I had Botox to my bladder done in march and was warned I might have urine retention and have to self catheterise. I was terrified - I don't do pain, have a really low threshold (every time I have an op I ask for the numbing cream on my hand!)

I had to go in before to see a bladder nurse to learn about using a catheter. She was great, talked me though it, gave me all the stuff, and told me to practice at home as I would be more relaxed.

I did, and although it wasn't the nicest experience in the world it was far better than I anticipated.

Luckily I only had to do it a couple of times after the op, but just knowing I could made the world of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
    Oh bless you. I can understand that. I had Botox to my bladder done in march and was warned I might have urine retention and have to self catheterise. I was terrified - I don't do pain, have a really low threshold (every time I have an op I ask for the numbing cream on my hand!)

I had to go in before to see a bladder nurse to learn about using a catheter. She was great, talked me though it, gave me all the stuff, and told me to practice at home as I would be more relaxed.

I did, and although it wasn't the nicest experience in the world it was far better than I anticipated.

Luckily I only had to do it a couple of times after the op, but just knowing I could made the world of difference.
    You are very brave LS, very relieved for you that the botox worked. I have had retention before and it really frightens me Hope you are on the mend x