Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lump in Neck

The Botox didn't work tyrole, which is why I've had this latest op which also hasn't.

Blood tests came back all normal. First available date for scan is 18th, so got a little wait.
    No longer a friend of Tesco. Farewell DTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
    The Botox didn't work tyrole, which is why I've had this latest op which also hasn't.

Blood tests came back all normal. First available date for scan is 18th, so got a little wait.
    oh sorry it didn't work.
    We build ourselves up and get knocked back down again.

I am sorry to hear your op didn't work again. I do hope they can get you sorted in the end if they can offer any alternative.

I have a lump in the front of my neck - it looks as if I have swallowed a golfball and that I have treble chins!! No other symptoms at all, and I have had a bad cold which is pretty much gone but the last remmnants are still there!

I did see the Dr the week before Christmas, as I needed a sick note following my bladder operation. I asked her about the lump and she had a feel about and it was a swollen gland in front of the thyroid and said it was unusual, but nothing to worry about, and was probably just a reaction to the cold. Didn't say I should go back, and left me with the impression it would go on its own.

However, nearly 2 weeks later, its still there. It looks horrible, and I am getting quite self conscious about the treble chin thing, and the lump particularly when I swallow.

Has anyone had anything like this before?

I am going away tomorrow, and although I am seeing the nurse first thing for a dressing check, I asked her about it on Thursday and she said I would need to see the Dr again as it wasn't something she could discuss. Am unlikely to get an appointment before I go, and as it doesn't hurt etc I'm not that convinced I need one. However, I just want to know what it is and when it will go!
    I am very sorry to hear of your problems.
    Last edited by Aardvaak; 4th January 2013 at 09:11.

Thanks Aardvaark.

Managed to get scan brought forward by a couple of days by phoning up for cancellations, so its now on 16th.

Lump still there. I really need to stop googling - just decided to google "lump in neck blood tests normal" and all kinds of scary things came up.

Was at the hospital in London yesterday for my bladder device which broke whilst I was away - turned out the wire coming out of me has frayed, meaning that the device can no longer get the signals through. In fairness it wasn't working anyway, but I was still hoping for a miracle! Anyway, that is all coming out during my op on 23rd Jan.

Am back to work on Friday, so at least I will have something else to concentrate on before my scan and next operation!

i have bloods next week and scan 22nd, lol we are a right pair!

I can understand ure reticence for a tvt now tyrole, hugs
    Weight loss total: 4 stone 8lb! at the top of target range oops!

oh heck we are all in the wars
    keep us updated ladies,thinking of you both.

don't google ladyshopper, at the minute anything that comes up will in someway fit with your symptoms, once you have had the tests then google the results, the internet can be soo dangerous.

Its human nature to be inquisitive but it won't make you feel any better, but once you know what your faced with it can be such a great aid to help you find all the information you need to help with whatever the problem is.

Sound like work is the best place to be, worry doesn't do anyone any good

Of course I wish I practiced what I preach I would be dong exactly what you are, and only reading the negative things I know.
    Is loving being mum to 3 beautiful children

Great advice, if only I could take it!

Saw a friend today, who saw and "felt" the lump and said it was massive! Also ate a cereal bar in front of the mirror, and the lump looked gross. Am now going to be paranoid eating in front of people.

I think I'm worried because the dr said it would be 10 days from scan before she gets results. In between that time I have another bladder operation. Not that that has anything to do with it, but for some reason I'm worried about it.

I have no idea if the results can be sent through quicker, I will ask when I go.

I think I've just got myself in a bit of a tizzy about it today.

Great advice, if only I could take it!

Saw a friend today, who saw and "felt" the lump and said it was massive! Also ate a cereal bar in front of the mirror, and the lump looked gross. Am now going to be paranoid eating in front of people.

I think I'm worried because the dr said it would be 10 days from scan before she gets results. In between that time I have another bladder operation. Not that that has anything to do with it, but for some reason I'm worried about it.

I have no idea if the results can be sent through quicker, I will ask when I go.

I think I've just got myself in a bit of a tizzy about it today.
    It is perfectly normal to be in a tizz LS anyone would be. I think the best thing would be not to beat yourself up about being worried. You are doing everything in your power to get seen as quickly as possible.