Thread: 3 year warranty and cashback on HP printers

Default 3 year warranty and cashback on HP printers

I'm well happy with my new printer!

It's an HP 8600 Pro

Needed one in a hurry as my previous brother printer decided to pack up

http://www.johnlewis.com/231473410/Product.aspx

There was a note on the box saying to go to hp.com for a free 3 year warranty which I did, then noticed a "rebates" section sayng they were giving cashback on certain products.

Low and behold my printer was listed so I filled out the form and there's now 50 cashback on it's way to my bank account, c-ching

This means the printer cost me less than 60 considering I'll be claiming the VAT back on the full price 129.95 ^^

60 is about the cost of a set of inks, so it's pretty much a free printer!

Bargain++

Sadly, the cartridges it uses aren't on the Tesco recycling list, but the ones it uses have massive capacity (1500 pages) and cost per page is less than 1p which is fantastic so I'm not complaining!
    No longer posting on FascistTalk - Adios Avios!

Quote Originally Posted by PanGalactic View Post
    I'm well happy with my new printer!

It's an HP 8600 Pro

Needed one in a hurry as my previous brother printer decided to pack up

http://www.johnlewis.com/231473410/Product.aspx

There was a note on the box saying to go to hp.com for a free 3 year warranty which I did, then noticed a "rebates" section sayng they were giving cashback on certain products.

Low and behold my printer was listed so I filled out the form and there's now 50 cashback on it's way to my bank account, c-ching

This means the printer cost me less than 60 considering I'll be claiming the VAT back on the full price 129.95 ^^

60 is about the cost of a set of inks, so it's pretty much a free printer!

Bargain++

Sadly, the cartridges it uses aren't on the Tesco recycling list, but the ones it uses have massive capacity (1500 pages) and cost per page is less than 1p which is fantastic so I'm not complaining!

But HP cartridges have regular bonus points promotions

Quote Originally Posted by far canel View Post
    [/B]

But HP cartridges have regular bonus points promotions
    That's good, because I'll only be buying originals from now on.

My old Brother printer worked fine for years, until I started buying fake inks to save some money, then it decided to pack up 1/2 way through the 2nd set!

If anyone has a Brother MFC-401CN and wants some free ink, please PM me

* I'm not responsible if your printer packs up after using the fake inks!
    No longer posting on FascistTalk - Adios Avios!

Most or all HP's have the chip and printhead in the cartridge, so if the cartridge is duff you just take it out and put a new one in. Nothing to screw up your printer unlike those where you insert the cartridge into a printer head. The downside is you can't get dirt cheap carts. The upside is you can't knacker your printer using cheaper carts.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

The moment I bought my HP 4580f (I think three two years ago), I received only two years of warranty and no cashback on the horizon, so I`m a little bit disappointed. If HP extended the warranty period, it seems sales aren`t as glorious as before
    If your printer is based on cartridges, as mine, it will be a headache to find discounts for the suitable cartridges, at least 20%-25%, otherwise to invest your money in a HP printer is a bad joke, as I have the feeling right now. P.S. you can get some more john lewis discount codes here: http://discount-monster.co.uk/john-lewis
    Last edited by costin; 30th May 2014 at 18:23.