Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amex Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    I've got a couple of Amex cards but never had anything from them re member rewards so am completely bemused by all this. I find all the Foursquare check in stuff confusing too.... Think I'll just cancel them as I don't use them these days.
    Which cards do you have Dom?

Did you ever spend much on them?

Yes, the 4sq deals were confusing but well worth the effort getting your head around!

We had a very cheap christmas this year thanks to 4square and Shop Small
    No longer posting on FascistTalk - Adios Avios!

I have the BA card & the Lloyd's Avios. Are these available to get the rewards?

I have a LTSB one and I can't remember the other one... Spent a few hundred on the LTSB one for Avios but have reverted to my Tesco Visa as 500 (in whole ) spend gives 250 Tesco points which potentially give 900-1000 Avios when bonus offers are on, but gives me the flexibility for other Tesco Rewards eg Hotels at 4x

I was working a lot of overtime before Christmas and just couldn't be doing with having to go to shops I was unfamiliar with to work out what to buy to get close to the exact spend to hopefully get some money back... I also couldn't really fathom the check in process.

It was basically as I didn't have the free time to study it and get my head round it. Just read it and it all seemed quite involved and I couldn't be doing with it. I'm quite happy with 'go into this store and buy this and put your receipt in and you'll get this' glitches but 'look at stores near to you, log in, spend x, you'll get y back....' Sort of couldn't get to grips with it and then read about people not getting confirmation and thought 'I haven't got time for this'!

I did download the Foursquare app but after looking at stores close to me I couldn't work out how to use it.
    Last edited by Dominic; 3rd January 2013 at 00:28.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by CD627 View Post
    I have the BA card & the Lloyd's Avios. Are these available to get the rewards?
    Not for this glitch unfortunately, you would need a Platinum or Gold Amex card which earn MR (Membership Reward) points, which are Amex's own currency.

MR points can be converted into other hotel and airline points or exchanged for gift cards and deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    I have a LTSB one and I can't remember the other one... Spent a few hundred on the LTSB one for Avios but have reverted to my Tesco Visa as 500 (in whole ) spend gives 250 Tesco points which potentially give 900-1000 Avios when bonus offers are on, but gives me the flexibility for other Tesco Rewards eg Hotels at 4x

I was working a lot of overtime before Christmas and just couldn't be doing with having to go to shops I was unfamiliar with to work out what to buy to get close to the exact spend to hopefully get some money back... I also couldn't really fathom the check in process.

It was basically as I didn't have the free time to study it and get my head round it. Just read it and it all seemed quite involved and I couldn't be doing with it. I'm quite happy with 'go into this store and buy this and put your receipt in and you'll get this' glitches but 'look at stores near to you, log in, spend x, you'll get y back....' Sort of couldn't get to grips with it and then read about people not getting confirmation and thought 'I haven't got time for this'!

I did download the Foursquare app but after looking at stores close to me I couldn't work out how to use it.
    Always happy to help if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!

I must admit I needed some hand holding myself on the foursquare/xbox offers but once you have done it once or twice, it becomes quite easy.

Sadly there are no offers currently but I expect some will come around at some point this year.

Fair enough if you have the old Tesco card, it has pretty good reward earning capability.

Looks like the 3 offers above are still around this morning

I cannot find any link to tesco gift cards on the mr site, ft posters stated last night the offer had been pulled, can anyone else still find tesco gift cards on the mr site please.

Just read on ft that the tesco glitch was pulled at 8.30am today, be interesting to see if they honour the glitch as they dont have to by law on the web.
    The dyson glitch ws still there when i looked though but i didnt have enough mr points.

Quote Originally Posted by whisky View Post
    Just read on ft that the tesco glitch was pulled at 8.30am today, be interesting to see if they honour the glitch as they dont have to by law on the web.
    The dyson glitch ws still there when i looked though but i didnt have enough mr points.
    You can buy upto 10,000 MR points a year for 1.5p per point.

OH's le creuset have completed, but dysons still in progress

Quote Originally Posted by baconbap View Post
    OH's le creuset have completed, but dysons still in progress
    Are you logging into your account to see this? Or email notification?