Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Supermarket Shoppers Dream Bag!

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
    Have to agree Georgie, I keep all my bags inside a bag for life and not sure how a trolley tolley thingy, lovely as they look, would really serve any better purpose??
    Phew I am glad it is not only me. I was begining to think I was a tight wadge.
    Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Wishes View Post
    Nice idea however a bit steeply priced. I use the SHAW bags - Truly wonderful at 25p each - hessian with plastic backing. Got 12 of them so always have some in the car. Holds as much as 3-4 normal carrier bags & have a great woven strap long enough to go over your shoulder. Use for sorting laundry etc. too as 1 bagful is the ideal size load for washing machine.
    Can I ask where you buy the Shaw bags from please?

TIA

Shaws drapers shops. Don't know if they are located in your area? There are loads in Wales, also in West country.
    Wonderful shops - their towels are unbeatable prices & quality - often egyptian cotton. They last forever - I've left many bath sheets behind with family from US to Australia - they're better than 95% of others. Their bedding is too + they do curtains and all drapery supplies.
    I believe they are still an independant shop.
    Their sales are something else - always great bargains & great quality.
    The hessian bags I think are always 25p each - although I did pick them up when sales were on. I do think I bought 4 when they weren't on though for 1.
    Shaws have been going for many years. I think I can remember them trading for at least 30yrs, probably longer.
    NO more Tescos for me and 'customer service?' by Basil Fawlties - WHY didn't they let them watch the WHOLE of the training DVD's?

Makes perfect sense, put your purse/wallet, bank cards, loyalty cards, keys etc into the bag, then hang it loosely on the trolley whilst you turn your back for 5 minutes packing all your shopping!

I can see the use for the product, although it's not a lot different to what I already do, which is stick a bunch of carrier bags into a larger Bag for Life and take that with me/leave in the boot, keeping my money/keys/cards a lot safer inside my coat. Plus this method saves a lot more cash!

Talking

It really is a matter of whatever works best for you

With the best will in the world, I never remembered my bags for life etc but I do now remember my trolley dolly which I refer to as my 'cow bag' (it has a cow print design)

I too wouldn't keep my purse, mobile in it as I leave it in the boot of our car when not in use but I do keep my loyalty cards and money off coupons in it

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and I am a lot more organised (I needed to be ) and can't live without it
    Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game using a GPS

Just had an email for a trolley dolly offer if anyone still interested.

ZPM website until 10/3

CANDYDOT30 gives 30% off trolley dolly but only in pink candy dot design. Makes it 24.49 + 2.95 delivery

Not a stunning offer but if it's what someone was waiting for.