Thread: Do you believe in Karma?

Default Do you believe in Karma?

Our family has had three cars written off in the last six weeks.
    DS1 and DS3 both had bumps and the insurers have written the cars off.
    Last night DS3 parked his new (to him) car at the tram station when he went for a night out. He went to collect it this morning and it was gone. There was a big clean up operation going on after loads of cars had been vandalised there. He was told that his had been towed away due to fire damage. The car next to it had been set alight and it had spread to his. We've been told unofficially that it has both internal and external damage and is most likely a write off.
    The one good thing is that although we've had a run of bad luck at least nobdoy has been hurt. Let's hope we have a run of good luck now!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger View Post
    Our family has had three cars written off in the last six weeks.
    DS1 and DS3 both had bumps and the insurers have written the cars off.
    Last night DS3 parked his new (to him) car at the tram station when he went for a night out. He went to collect it this morning and it was gone. There was a big clean up operation going on after loads of cars had been vandalised there. He was told that his had been towed away due to fire damage. The car next to it had been set alight and it had spread to his. We've been told unofficially that it has both internal and external damage and is most likely a write off.
    The one good thing is that although we've had a run of bad luck at least nobdoy has been hurt. Let's hope we have a run of good luck now!
    as you say as long as noone is hurt that is good but a lot of inconvenience can be caused by it all - hope the insurers pay out fairly to them all
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Main thing to focus on is no body being hurt, that's always the number one priority.

Not sure if I believe in Karma though, my life experience tells me that good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. Basically life isn't fair a lot of the time
    Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy - Groucho Marx

Oh Tiger what a run of bad luck
    As you say thankfull nobody is hurt but as Giz said very inconvient
    My nieces boyfiends car was burnt last week when bins were set alight next to it

There is also the common belief that things come in threes, so hopefully that's the end of your car woes!

oh thats awfull tiger, I don't believe in karma, I think bad luck does always seem to hit when your down, and good luck seems to come when you really don't need any - but thats just how it always seems.

Hope the insurers play fair on this xx
    Is loving being mum to 3 beautiful children

Oh Tiger you poor thing

As you say best thing is no one was hurt.

I dont know if I believe in karma tbh. I think life is a bit random and chaotic. We brace ourselves for all the things we think may happen then life throws a curved ball that was never anticipated.

I do believe in positive thinking and the laws of attraction ie if you get in a negative spiral you can attractive more negativity to you. I also believe things may happen for a reason althouth we cant always see why - which sort of goes against my random theory

Hope all the cars are sorted soon.
    It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled - Mark Twain ♥

Thanks everyone for your replies.
    I don't think I believe in Karma either but I was feeling a bit low on Sunday would have liked to think that something good was coming my way to compensate. I actually felt physically ill for a while. I'm OK now though and I know that I have a lot in my life to be thankful for. I have a lovely family and extended family and recently heard that we have a new niece.
    My eldest BIL split from his wife for a while and lived with someone else. Unknown to him his partner had a baby after he had returned to his wife. The baby ended up in care and eventually adopted and she has now, at the age of 21, just traced her dad. It's a sad story but a good ending and a bit of good news amongst the bad.

So far the insurance company has been pretty fair. We got a good enough offer on the first car to be able to buy another one, which although slightly older was in better condition and lower mileage. Pity it got burnt out! Luckily there is a courtesy car included on the policy as DS needs a car to get to work 40 miles away. We are still waiting for offers on the others.

Glad things are getting sorted for you, x.

Sorry about your cars - hope the last one gets sorted out quickly.

As to Karma - I think we've been getting loads of bad karma over the last few years and are well overdue for a reversal.

I can think of a few people that I really wish their karma would come back to them & bite them in the bum.

I used to really believe in positive thinking but for the last few years it almost seems like every bit of positivity results in something negative happening. Our run of misfortune has to end soon - being positive!
    NO more Tescos for me and 'customer service?' by Basil Fawlties - WHY didn't they let them watch the WHOLE of the training DVD's?