Thread: Game of Thrones

Default Game of Thrones

I only heard about GoT when my son visited recently and raved on about it..

Amazing reviews on Amazon etc, luckily knew someone who happened to have season 1 & 2 boxsets.

Watched all of season 1 & 2 ( 20 hrs worth ) over a few days last week..

Absolutely brilliant - a must see !

Not for the squeamish or prudish though

Season 3 is showing on Sky Atlantic now, which means we have to wait till early next year for it to come out on DVD < gutted >
    Away from the numbers

We all love it (not the youngest) although I spend most the time under a blanket I build pictorial diagrams in my head of the different houses, their symbols, where they are situated and how they intertwine. Hubby likes the graphic gore and Calise

Definately worth a try. It should run for a few years.

I'm very much enjoying it too. There are so many strings to the plot, I worry whether or not they'll all get resolved in a satisfactory way... it's been the fate of so many USA series to get pulled early or wrapped up in a hurry with rubbish conclusions, but hopefully with this being produced by HBO and based on established books, that's less likely to happen to Game Of Thrones!

I don't think all of the books have been written yet, so HBO will be depending on the author to complete the project, hope so.
    Away from the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by highlander33 View Post
    I don't think all of the books have been written yet, so HBO will be depending on the author to complete the project, hope so.
    Hopefully the TV series will provide some incentive for the author to get his finger out and complete the books.

Book 3 (which is the current series on TV) was released in 2000, book 4 in 2005 and book 5 in 2011. So about 5 years between books.

So unless the author writes a bit faster the TV series will have caught up before book 6 in released.

Nope! So the series will just go apart from the books, heard they did talk with George RR. Martin though! Damn, anybody else seen lasts season finale?

Not sure which season you're watching... episode 50 (the latest finale) was first shown a month ago!

I'm not a reader but understand the TV series has now gone beyond the point reached by the books.

Quote Originally Posted by bagofcats View Post
    Nope! So the series will just go apart from the books, heard they did talk with George RR. Martin though! Damn, anybody else seen lasts season finale?
    Yes, big GoT fan here. Thought Hardhome was the better episode than the finale for me, but it was a better second half than first half of the series.

I desperately wanted the new book, I've been waiting years but he doesn't seem too close to finishing it.

Agreed - Hardhome was epic.

I havnt really read any of the books apart from a skim-read of first one, but apparently the TV has diverged from the book now in some of the story strands..
    Away from the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by highlander33 View Post
    Agreed - Hardhome was epic.

I havnt really read any of the books apart from a skim-read of first one, but apparently the TV has diverged from the book now in some of the story strands..
    Yes it has which makes it both interesting and frustrating to watch. I prefer to see them as a separate entity now because I'm not sure Martin will get round to finishing the next book anytime soon and the plot has changed enough that my original theories could be hammered.
    Looking forward to series 6