Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Herbal sleeping pills ?

Cheers for the suggestions folks

Some good food for though there
    Away from the numbers

Hi,

I tried bachs rescue remedy (the sleep one) when I was going through a rough time and struggling to sleep. I can recommend it. I think it is supposed to work by stopping repetitive thoughts going round in your head which is usually why you can't sleep. It definitely worked for me so might be worth giving it a go. I must admit I was very sceptical before I tried it but am a definite convert. I bought the spray and you just have to spray it on your tongue twice when you go to bed. Herbal and non addictive so worth a go. HTH

Thanks for the suggestion jharvey

I took a look on amazon reviews for the product and there certainly seems to be a fair few people who are convinced it calmed them down.

Thinking about it though, I don't have a problem getting to sleep, its just I wake up too early, usually between 5 - 530 am, so its not as if its the middle of the night, just an extra couple of hours zzzzz would be nice.
    Away from the numbers

The Bachs remedies have a mostly alcohol base. Although obviously you only use a drop or two.

Another traditional remedy (north of the border at least) might be a wee dram or two of whisky - not to be recommended for long term daily use I suspect