Thread: Mirror Mirror on the wall - who is the most delusional of all?

Default Mirror Mirror on the wall - (Dr) WHO is the most delusional of all?

I have lost quite a bit of weight this year

Now when I look in the mirror a fit , toned, lean and attractive person I don't quite recognise stares right back. But it is me, I've checked. And that's very pleasing. But the trouble is all the vital statistics disprove it, and I need to lose the same again for it to be even remotely true. By any (ample) measure I'm still fat.

The funny thing is that when I looked in the mirror (the same one) as the weight went on I didn't notice the person staring back getting any fatter.

Has anybody else noticed such a remarkable phenomenon when they were losing weight? Or have any rational explanation for this strange delusion?

P.S. Magic Mirror for sale. First 1000 bid secures it!

P.P.S. I hope I don't get kicked off PTS for accidentally breaking the no selling rule.
    Last edited by oldvicar; 5th August 2013 at 22:11.

Well done for the weight loss so far......

Keep going !!

aww well done on all your hard work so far ..i'd just blame the mirror lol

i'm having problems with the clothes not fitting in the size i think i am lol
    but i blame the manufacturers cutting out the first inch off so we have to buy next size up lol

Quote Originally Posted by heatherks View Post
    aww well done on all your hard work so far ..i'd just blame the mirror lol

i'm having problems with the clothes not fitting in the size i think i am lol
    but i blame the manufacturers cutting out the first inch off so we have to buy next size up lol
    If you want to stay the size you think you are just buy a more expensive brand - the really posh ones sew "Size 10" labels into anything you like - even marquee size.

But I agree with you that sizing is a problem. Even stuff labelled the same size from the same store (e.g. good old M&S) is so variable in fit nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by oldvicar View Post
    If you want to stay the size you think you are just buy a more expensive brand - the really posh ones sew "Size 10" labels into anything you like - even marquee size.

But I agree with you that sizing is a problem. Even stuff labelled the same size from the same store (e.g. good old M&S) is so variable in fit nowadays.
    What you said about labels reminds me of my M I Law. She NEVER buys the size she really is. Daft as this sounds. When we buy her Christmas presents we cut the size out of the label and we find that stuff fits her fine. If she tried on something and it was too small she would refuse to try on the bigger size !!! Because the label is the holy grail to her .