Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A baking box for DD.

Does she like chocolate? There's some dandy little silicone chocolates moulds and piping sets - sometimes in Lidl/Aldi and probably always in Lakeland or ebay - and since it will be Christmas you might want to include ingredients for having a go. Is it beyond the bounds of possibility that lucky grandparents/aunts/uncles/mother might get some handmade chocolates along with a thankyou note after Christmas? So you'll need boxes too!

Quote Originally Posted by Second Born View Post
    How about something to display the goodies DD produces? A beautiful cake stand and maybe a two tiered stand for smaller cakes and cupcakes.

And what about her own matching oven gloves and apron?
    This is worth a look -

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/9020407.htm

Delightful ideas from you both! Thank you! I had seen the cardboard cake stands but this is very pretty and she would love it.

I am definitely putting some piping things in. How she is so creative with me as a mother is miraculous. I got the "slogging a tennis ball" genes and she got the "intricate and pretty" genes!

Love the idea of the oven gloves and apron! Definitely going in! And TK Maxx is a favourite haunt of mine so an excuse for another trip - thank guys, great ideas!

The silicone oven gloves from Tesco are about 6 per hand but really good. I treated myself when I was 'cashing out' about 100 at the height of the DTD vs Asda fun.

as well as lakeland you could look at dunelm mill, ours has a large kitchen bit

I always get cake tin liners from Home Bargains if you have one, they are only 99p a pack (greaseproof paper ones)

I personally love cup cake wraps (usually look and probs taste better than my cakes)!!!

More great ideas - thank you all!