Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lucy the Dog

Quote Originally Posted by M123 View Post
    59 odd on Amazon
    Yes I did see that!!!! but my friend really doesn't want to pay that much!

Quote Originally Posted by Beej View Post
    Thank you, my problem is that Preston is about 70 miles away so I don't want to travel there if it isn't in stock.
    i know how you feel ..i have had to travel 40 miles last yr to get my daughters scooter she had her heart set on
    sad to see them for sale on ebay and amazon sellers .. cashing in on this years favourite toys for children ..double or treble the rrp

Yes I did see that!!!! but my friend really doesn't want to pay that much!
    Don't blame them.

Don't blame them.
    Sorry blame who? I wasn't complaining about amazon's price, just saying my friend didn't want to pay that much.

None near me Beej, sorry

None near me either .. I think this thread may need to be edited as is showing the next 'must have toy' and will drive the price higher
    It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled - Mark Twain ♥

Sorry blame who? I wasn't complaining about amazon's price, just saying my friend didn't want to pay that much.
    I don't blame your friend for not wanting to pay that price. When you see the same thing for nearly half that. Hence my comment "I don't blame them"

Talking

Ouch - look at the sold listings on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sa...+puppy&_sop=16
    Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game using a GPS

Anyone else find it all a bit sad? Kids who say their 'Christmas will be ruined if they don't get xyz'. Yes I'm sure me and my sisters and brothers may have come out with such a statement, but I know my mum explained about kids in countries who had nothing and would get nothing - a bit of education to focus the mind.

Being one of five I never expected or received massive expensive presents, whilst kids at school wanted new bikes etc I used to be happy with more modest gifts. My only new bike came when I sold my own one and earned some more towards the cost.

Sorry - off on a tangent. Not knocking the OP for trying to help or looking to start a debate really (although it would make a good discussion). Kids will be kids and I'm sure some of my presents were short lived carp that I wanted, but just the comment 'my Christmas will be ruined if I don't get this' and her parents pandering to it, just struck me as sad.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

I don't blame your friend for not wanting to pay that price. When you see the same thing for nearly half that. Hence my comment "I don't blame them"
    Sorry M123 I misread your posting!

And yes Dom I completely agree with you! I too had very little at Christmas and being one of six children expected very little. I was grateful for everything I received and as my expectations were very low I was never disappointed (ok never may be not be true). But times have changed and expectation levels have changed too. My friend just told me what her daughter had said and I thought 'well there is a challenge for me', let's see if I can find one. I knew the community of PTS wouldn't let me down.