Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas Market - (Frankfurt)

its sounds lovely as a few have said wrap up warm .. are there any reviews on tripadvisor

we are going to the Continental markets in Edinburgh at end of November
    Last edited by heatherks; 12th November 2013 at 18:36.

Lincoln's Christmas market is supposed to be good - I've never been though http://lincoln-christmasmarket.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
    I went a couple of years ago and didn't really rate it. I'm sure it looked lovely in the dark with all the Christmas lights etc, but I found all the stalls very samey, not to mention very expensive.
    Depends what you expect I guess. For wandering, sampling some mulled wine and maybe some continental delicacies and possibly splash the cash on some ornate decorations with a twist, with a "sod the cost lets just splash out and enjoy it" attitude, and for getting into the Christmas Spirit, its lovely. If you plan to get lots of Christmas presents cheaply or find lots of bargains you'll be disappointed.

We found it expensive but ambled about, took it all in and had a lovely warming mulled wine on the way. Only spend a few quid on that, but we may well splash out on some deli treats if we go this year.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Will definitely be trying the gluhwein and delicacies, going for the "experience" really - may make it an annual thing if they enjoy it. Thanks for the tips and will def review it when w return

We went last weekend and really enjoyed ourselves. As said before we went for the experience rather than buying loads of presents etc. Flew with Ryanair (never flown with them before and short haul would def use them again) only prob was that they fly to Frankfurt Hahn which is 1 1/2hrs by bus away from Frankfurt. This didnt cause us any problems but could be an issue for some. The market went on and on and on - every corner you turned there were more stalls. There were lots of identical stalls and many gluhwein stalls (managed to collect 4 different mugs!). Frankfurt was spotlessly clean and everyone we met was really friendly and helpful. Not sure that we got full benefit from the Frankfurt card but could hop on and off of their tube system as we wished. It definitely got us into the Christmas spirit!! Looking forward to going to a different one
    next year!

Thanks for the review.