Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay query

Default Ebay query

I am selling a HUDL on Ebay and a buyer has just contacted me to say that he lives in the same town as me and could he come and collect it now. Are there any drawbacks on this and COD?
    Whoever had the idea of rebranding snow as joyous and frolicsome, rather than a colder type of rain, was a marketing genius.

Quote Originally Posted by moonriver View Post
    I am selling a HUDL on Ebay and a buyer has just contacted me to say that he lives in the same town as me and could he come and collect it now. Are there any drawbacks on this and COD?
    Definitely get COD as if they pay with Paypal you then have no proof that they have collected it so they could claim non delivery and then get refunded by Paypal. Not saying they would but at least you cover yourself by asking for COD.

Quote Originally Posted by kipperkk View Post
    Definitely get COD as if they pay with Paypal you then have no proof that they have collected it so they could claim non delivery and then get refunded by Paypal. Not saying they would but at least you cover yourself by asking for COD.
    probably being very naughty here but could I withdraw it from sale on Ebay and not pay the ebay fees?
    Whoever had the idea of rebranding snow as joyous and frolicsome, rather than a colder type of rain, was a marketing genius.

probably being very naughty here but could I withdraw it from sale on Ebay and not pay the ebay fees?
    Yes you could if you agree that with the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by kipperkk View Post
    Yes you could if you agree that with the buyer.
    would ebay know that I have done this though? do they read the messages? I'm using my daughters Ebay account and she would go mad if they closed her down or penalised her in some way.

would ebay know that I have done this though? do they read the messages? I'm using my daughters Ebay account and she would go mad if they closed her down or penalised her in some way.
    Why not ask for their phone number and ring them then you can discuss it over the phone and ebay none the wiser.

Smile

You have several options when going to cancel a listing; like item broke, or item is no longer available, and there are a couple more. Should be fine to just cancel the listing and pick option of your choice. People do it all the time.

Poundsinbucks x
    loves making FREE money

Quote Originally Posted by Poundsinbucks View Post
    You have several options when going to cancel a listing; like item broke, or item is no longer available, and there are a couple more. Should be fine to just cancel the listing and pick option of your choice. People do it all the time.

Poundsinbucks x
    But would have to advise buyer first though.

When you count the money the buyer has handed over, make sure the ink is dry and there is a metallic strip in the right place

Quote Originally Posted by annaakent View Post
    When you count the money the buyer has handed over, make sure the ink is dry and there is a metallic strip in the right place
    It's not thousands we are talking here! I handle cash every day and don't take these sorts of precautions (Just do it by feel). Why are people so obsessed with fake money?
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.