Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ebay query

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    I handle cash every day and don't take these sorts of precautions (Just do it by feel).
    But it's not YOUR money, is it? Moonriver might be more fussy

Quote Originally Posted by annaakent View Post
    But it's not YOUR money, is it? Moonriver might be more fussy
    Or paranoid! We handle money every day, we get it from banks, from cashpoints, from shops, from people. Most people don't even think about counterfeit money until its mentioned on here about accepting a few notes when selling something on eBay then all the counterfeit warnings come out! Baffles me.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

He's coming tomorrow evening. Says he wants it for his mum for Christmas. I got 150 for it and considering I bought it for 89 (20 off electrical and
    2 x helping hands and the rest Boost vouchers) quite pleased really. Might get an iPad instead.
    Whoever had the idea of rebranding snow as joyous and frolicsome, rather than a colder type of rain, was a marketing genius.

Sold an item at the weekend but buyer's address only comes up with road name, no number or house name. Have messaged 3 times for address confirmation with no reply. Surely you can't just send to a street with no number or house name? Yet their address is confirmed.

Check also their address in paypal, sometimes it has more info than the ebay address.

Quote Originally Posted by melroccan View Post
    Sold an item at the weekend but buyer's address only comes up with road name, no number or house name. Have messaged 3 times for address confirmation with no reply. Surely you can't just send to a street with no number or house name? Yet their address is confirmed.
    Have you done a google streetview search using road name? Might be just 1 property in the road.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc1234 View Post
    Have you done a google streetview search using road name? Might be just 1 property in the road.
    Thanks for that, there are quite a few houses so I can't post without number but so far had no response to messages.

Thanks for that, there are quite a few houses so I can't post without number but so far had no response to messages.
    Are they a new member, surprised it hasn't been a problem before unless they have moved or account has been hacked.

Yes they are a new member.

Yes they are a new member.
    I smell a rat. Tell ebay you got concerns and until they can confirm its genuine purchase / user then you wont be sending anything and will cancel purchase if no response in by end of week.