Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ebay query

Quote Originally Posted by melroccan View Post
    Yes they are a new member.
    Sounds dodgy to me. I wouldn't post.
    What's the item worth?

Buyer has finally come back to me with the house number. On Paypal it says address is confirmed so okay to post, don't know how that happened with no house number? Item is only worth 35 so I am going to post it as it says I am covered.

Has anyone had experience of how long it takes for ebay to resolve a buyer not received claim?
    I put in the case last Saturday, states on their site it can take 48 hours to finalise, got a message from them on Monday stating will take a little longer but it's now nearly a week since the claim was opened and still no resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by whisky View Post
    Has anyone had experience of how long it takes for ebay to resolve a buyer not received claim?
    I put in the case last Saturday, states on their site it can take 48 hours to finalise, got a message from them on Monday stating will take a little longer but it's now nearly a week since the claim was opened and still no resolve.
    I have it in my head it's 10 days.

Cheers!

I may have been unlucky but it seems like quite a flaw in the new seller ratings...I know eBay are reducing the number of categories you can get 'defects' on & changing the way they are calculated early next year but it has me quite concerned.

I uploaded a tracking number (Royal Mail) on the same day the item was purchased & sent the item on the same day. The estimated delivery date displayed by eBay was 3 working days (using 2nd Class Signed For). The tracking details showed the item was delivered on the 2nd day - so within the estimated delivery date. I've done everything I could, as a seller, and Royal Mail did everything they could. However the new seller ratings showed up 'Buyer says late delivery' for that item. I contacted eBay and they agreed with me that I had done everything quickly & met all their demands so the buyer should NOT have left this 'opinion' re late delivery.

What worries me is that eBay's systems ALLOWED this to happen! Their systems must surely know when the tracking details have been uploaded & should be able to tell when that item has been delivered... it appears NOT!

This could in theory create a HUGE amount of work for sellers who wil need to contact eBay to get these defects removed - it will also create work for eBay. Maybe it was a error in the system which will hopefully get sorted by the roll-out next year - but may be worth checking this before it's too late & has wrecked/damaged your ratings.

It also counts as a late delivery if the buyer doesn't pick it up (from the sorting office) until after the estimated delivery date. I have been on the phone to eBay several times about this already.
    Also if you have a stock control mess up and have to cancel a transaction for no stock you will need 499 good transactions to pull your rating back to top rated. Can have a maximum of 0.2% for this issue.

Good evening everyone. Just wondered which courier people tend to use as I'm decluttering the house and going to sell some of my unwanted things on EBay.
    Thanks x

Royal Mail for an easy life!

Occasionally Hermes for larger items.

Thanks x