Thread: Estate agents advice

Default Estate agents advice

About three months ago out offer in and things moved so slow, but kept getting the estate agents ringing me four times a day asking for updates; the fact their vendor had not even nought anyway and I am chain free and mortgage arranged etc didn't warrant this. So three weeks ago started looking elsewhere and out offer in accepted but has now fell through. Am wanting to go back to the original now but don't as the relationship with that estate agents ended tersely not so sure of how it will go. The place has also been reduced .. Any ideas if the estate agent can refuse to pass offer on.

I don't have the contact details of vendor but was wondering about putting a note through her letterbox to say am back in market but don't want to go through her estate agents
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

[QUOTE=Gizmos;1396335]About three months ago ouR offer in and things moved so slow, but kept getting the estate agents ringing me four times a day asking for updates; the fact their vendor had not even Bought anyway and I am chain free and mortgage arranged etc didn't warrant this. So three weeks ago started looking elsewhere and ouR offer in accepted but has now fell through. Am wanting to go back to the original now but don't as the relationship with that estate agents ended tersely not so sure of how it will go. The place has also been reduced .. Any ideas if the estate agent can refuse to pass offer on.

I don't have the contact details of vendor but was wondering about putting a note through her letterbox to say am back in market but don't want to go through her estate agents[/QUOTE
    What you on Giz - mobile I suspect?

EA should ALWAYS put an offer in to seller BUT unfortunately sometimes they don't. It's a tricky one as because they initially introduced you they will probably try and get their commission off seller anyway.

Does the lady live in the house? If she does then you DO have her contact details.

You could possibly contact her and find out what kind of contract she has with EA - sole agency etc. I'd NEVER sell a property sole agent as IF you get your own buyer then you'd still have to pay EA fees.

Personally (speaking as ex EA - long ago) if you had probs with them the chances are others have had too, maybe the seller herself? I always used to ring EA anonymously when selling property to see if my property was included when they told me what they had on their books at my price. You'd be surprised at how often they omit or even ignore properties.

If it was me & I admit it's a bit unethical - I'd be down her property, ask to speak to her, ask her if she'd be amenable to a private sale - therefore she'd be able to come down on her price to you.

IF she's reduced the price then she has probably seen something she'd like to buy. IF it's through the same estate agency, this could be a problem. If it's not for sale from same EA then ask her to pull the property off the market and come in as a private buyer.

Put your cards on the table to her, as to the hassle with her EA & suggest that she take it off the market with them. She is likely to get some hassle from them if she does sell to you BUT if they haven't informed you of drop in price, which they should have done, then if you were to bump into her or one of her friends and find out that way - then if she does take off the market and you put in for it after she does this it's going to be a bit sticky if they can claim commission from her. Did you meet her when you did viewing?

Is she actually serious about selling the house? Some of the clients we had weren't - you'd be surprised at how many just wanted people to talk to & refused any offers, even those who offered full asking price!
    NO more Tescos for me and 'customer service?' by Basil Fawlties - WHY didn't they let them watch the WHOLE of the training DVD's?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishes View Post
    Put your cards on the table to her, as to the hassle with her EA & suggest that she take it off the market with them. She is likely to get some hassle from them if she does sell to you BUT if they haven't informed you of drop in price, which they should have done, then if you were to bump into her or one of her friends and find out that way - then if she does take off the market and you put in for it after she does this it's going to be a bit sticky if they can claim commission from her. Did you meet her when you did viewing?

Is she actually serious about selling the house? Some of the clients we had weren't - you'd be surprised at how many just wanted people to talk to & refused any offers, even those who offered full asking price!
    sorry yes was on mobile.

I have a letter wrote that I will pop around later tonight / tomorrow morning to her (its just behind where I currently live). I id get the impression just before I pulled out she wasn't serious but with the reduction perhaps she now is and is panicing

Wishes - also can you confirm that the estate agent is supposed to be the conduit in the deal and do all the chasing etc of parties and not the people involved? I was being asked to chase everyone all the time - previous experience has been the estate agents has called solicitors etc

I was told they are legally obliged to pass on all offers.

Personally I would put a note through the door and speak to the estate agent.

The estate agent want it sold, they need to know they are scaring off pontential buyers, the sellers need to know the estate agent is scaring off potential buyers.

Grit your teeth and go for it.

Most estate agents just show potential buyers around and negotiate the sale. That's all they have to do but sometimes with a nervy seller they help them a bit more, usually by recommending solicitor. Same with buyer - they LOVE to get you to go with their mortgage broker and favoured solicitor too.
    It's up to you to get your money in order and get your solicitor moving. However, sometimes if they are abysmally slow they will try and speed things up. Trouble is many solicitors won't talk to the agents unless they have recommended them and unless you have your mortgage inhouse or they know the broker well, it can be the same with mortgage brokers.
    NO more Tescos for me and 'customer service?' by Basil Fawlties - WHY didn't they let them watch the WHOLE of the training DVD's?