Thread: Who to contact re. electricity cable pulling tiles of roof?

Question Who to contact re. electricity cable pulling tiles of roof?

Have got a wooden pole on the pavement outside our house from which the phone and electricity wires come into our house and, possibly, neighbours either side.

The pole has moved (backwards) over the years and has pulled on the plate attached to our house where the supply comes in and as a consequence has pulled on the ridge tiles and separated them.

Anyone know who I should contact pls? I'm not sure it's worth ringing electricity company (which we just switched) as they are only supplying the supply, IYSWIM.

TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by joaniemerc View Post
    Have got a wooden pole on the pavement outside our house from which the phone and electricity wires come into our house and, possibly, neighbours either side.

The pole has moved (backwards) over the years and has pulled on the plate attached to our house where the supply comes in and as a consequence has pulled on the ridge tiles and separated them.

Anyone know who I should contact pls? I'm not sure it's worth ringing electricity company (which we just switched) as they are only supplying the supply, IYSWIM.

TIA.
    I think this would be UK Power Network......try them, I had to contact them to upgrade supply into my house...found them quite helpful ..hth

it's the distribution company for your area you need. The numbers are on the link.

http://www2.nationalgrid.com/uk/Our-...tor-Companies/

Thank you, both - that's great

Will give them a call.
    J