Thread: Bought a reconditioned washer dryer with 12 month warranty but seller wont fix

Default Bought a reconditioned washer dryer with 12 month warranty but seller wont fix

We recently moved into a house and bought a reconditioned washer dryer from gumtree. The seller had lots of items listed and was offering 12 months parts and labour warranty. 2 months on it has stopped working. I rang him and he said it couldn't be fixed he would bring a new one tomorrow. That was nearly 2 weeks ago. When I can get hold of him by phone he repeatedly says tomorrow, next week etc. We have been to his workshop and keep getting fobbed off. The receipt doesnt have a vat registration number and guessing the police wont be interested. Is there anyone else I can contact for help? Thanks
    After 6 years of marriage we finally had the most amazing honeymoon in the Maldives - thanks Mr T!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bellab View Post
    We recently moved into a house and bought a reconditioned washer dryer from gumtree. The seller had lots of items listed and was offering 12 months parts and labour warranty. 2 months on it has stopped working. I rang him and he said it couldn't be fixed he would bring a new one tomorrow. That was nearly 2 weeks ago. When I can get hold of him by phone he repeatedly says tomorrow, next week etc. We have been to his workshop and keep getting fobbed off. The receipt doesnt have a vat registration number and guessing the police wont be interested. Is there anyone else I can contact for help? Thanks
    I would give Trading Standards a call

HTH
    Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game using a GPS

Agreed re trading standards, hope you get it sorted.

Also, did you pay by cash or card? If by credit card or Visa debit card and it was above 100 the card company is just as liable and you can claim back from them.