Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Websites to search for houses

Default Websites to search for houses

Hi all,
    I'm convincing my OH that we need to move. I'd like a little more room and a better garden for 2 boys to play in (ours had a lot off decking and is on a slope).
    We've got a meeting in with the bank to see what price is possible but I have started to look at house to what I think is possible- and slightly impossible, it's always nice to look at what's available for 2,000,000 :-)
    I've looked on rightmove and zoopla but just wondered if anyone knew if there is any other places I could be missing the perfect house that isn't on these web sites?
    Thanks
    Must take phone to bed, must take phone to bed, must take phone to bed......

I think those two are pretty thorough, the other one to consider is prime location.
    Happy house hunting.
    I am addicted to right move, you can see my balcony on there right now as next door is for sale and they have a photo of the view from their balcony lol.

Thanks Mark. Just found out from looking round that primelocation is owed by either rightmove or zoopla cant remember which. A new competitor is coming soon.
    When you read it says rightmove and zoopla have so much of the market. Im wondrring where the rest is.....
    Ooo to have a balcony.

That is interesting.
    It is a long story how we ended up in this flat, but a very happy one!
    We are on the third floor on a small hill two minutes walk from the town centre, the ring road is beneath us so there is nothing better than a glass of wine out on the balcony after work watching the commuters still on their way home and we have far reaching views over a local park and the open countryside on the edge of town.

We look over farmers fields and are 10 mins from 2 country parks.thing is that they have decided that they need to add 100s of houses to the village and a load of them will be in our view actually right behind its, which means building works behind us for years.
    We are on a hill which makes the garden slope and had do much decking it's just not suitable for children. The house is nice and in a nice area but it was our first house in notts and I think we now know the area a bit better and our circumstances have changed so what we want in a house has. It's taken a bit if time to convince the oh but I think she was concentrating on baby being born before she made a decision. :-) seems a bit keener as she suggested going to the bank

I have used Globrix in the past, it's got a nice map view which I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by lhw455 View Post
    I have used Globrix in the past, it's got a nice map view which I liked.
    Thanks, looks like another gobbled up by zoopla Dec 2012

Mouseprice is great as it shows you length of time on the market and any price reductions.

Prime location - bog standard

Quote Originally Posted by arniep View Post
    Thanks, looks like another gobbled up by zoopla Dec 2012
    Hah! I didn't even know, what a pity, zoopla is OK, but I much preferred the map view on Globrix.