Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TalkTalk price increase

Default TalkTalk price increase

I changed to TalkTalk last September but they recently sent me a letter to say prices increasing from May 1st. So I am changing to PlusNet, getting another 70 Quidco and cheaper deal. Just posting this to let people know you do have the right to change if prices increase.

Yet more price increases - they've just put broadband up again from 5.00 to 7.50 and line rental has also been hiked from 16.70 to 17.70 this month. In addition, the speedy payment discount is being removed after November, equivalent to a further 10% increase!

I stayed 11 months - already in that time they had 3 separate rounds of price increases. Bye bye TalkTalk, my service transfers to Sky today!

I have just left talk talk, luckily for us they could not supply at our new address so was able to leave contract without penalties. Went with BT in the end, 10 a month for unlimited broadband, weekend calls and got 35.00 cashback and a 125 sainsburys gift card.
    A pretty good deal when a lot of providers are not down our road yet.

Quote Originally Posted by whisky View Post
    I have just left talk talk, luckily for us they could not supply at our new address so was able to leave contract without penalties. Went with BT in the end, 10 a month for unlimited broadband, weekend calls and got 35.00 cashback and a 125 sainsburys gift card.

Were you as sick as I was when you saw the cashback jump up after signing up?!
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Were you as sick as I was when you saw the cashback jump up after signing up?!
    We went with the basic infinity package which today still gives 35.35 cashback on TCB today. Its the 125 sainsburys gift card on top of the cashback which I thought was a good deal. Will look at maybe buying other gift cards with that gift card of course mixed in with some shopping
    Last edited by whisky; 5th October 2015 at 11:54.

Thanks Dom, after reading your reply I decided to check quidco on this offer and they are doing 60 cashback so a highest cashback claim into TCB has been put in.

We took phone, TV and standard infinity which gave 63 cashback but it had been 189
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Thanks Dom, after reading your reply I decided to check quidco on this offer and they are doing 60 cashback so a highest cashback claim into TCB has been put in.

You need to put a claim based on what Quidco was on the day you went through TCB though, not what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    You need to put a claim based on what Quidco was on the day you went through TCB though, not what it is now.
    Oh well, still got 35 cashback and 125 gift card so I'm happy

Just 10 a month or is line rental on top of that?