Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions on additions to site.

Default Suggestions on additions to site.

I do have a few suggestions & Giz asked me add my suggestions + others viewpoints suggestions would be appreciated.

I know this site was mainly set up for Tesco in the days of free items when overcharged and DTD etc. HOWEVER things have changed A LOT and often now the best bargains more often come from buying at Asda and comparing to the other 3 main supermarkets.

Could we therefore have different main sections for ALL the other main supermarkets?
    What could make this site very exciting is if we have subsections A vs T, A vs M, A vs W.

The other site MSE is SO long winded and confusing that you have to have hours spare to wade through it & are often confused as to what goes against which supermarket. Also some items work best when CC/HD is used as compared to shopping instore.

Sainsburys the same could be done. Also Morrisons as I have no idea how their system works & what points offers are on.

IF things are readily available at a glance here then I think you'd get FAR more members & also hopefully more revenue. MSE has gotten far too long winded and very confusing. This site could beat it hands down if laid out correctly.

Hope you don't mind my comments. I know the supermarkets look at sites so maybe it might be against everyone's best interests in the long term BUT I haven't got hours I can spend looking on MSE. I can remember glitches not being fixed, sometimes it seemed like forever when DTD Tesco against Asda etc. was around. Are they any faster nowadays? IMHO I think not! Maybe others would like to comment?

I'm a trifle tardy as internet seems to be down than up at moment. I haven't been around for a LONG time (months) recently as real life has seriously got in the way.
    NO more Tescos for me and 'customer service?' by Basil Fawlties - WHY didn't they let them watch the WHOLE of the training DVD's?

Some good ideas there thanks; I'll have a think about what else we could add.
    Some sections like Pigsback can disappear in the new site !

We don't seem to get any/many shop comparisons for APG etc any more. Setting up the sections may or may not result in more contributions?

I'd also like to see an 'other shops' section where good buys in Home Bargains, Poundland, Poundworld (etc) and indeed ANY other retailers could be encouraged.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Maybe the Tesco magazine warrants its own sub section now ?

There are APG glitch shops to be had but can be difficult to find on MSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    We don't seem to get any/many shop comparisons for APG etc any more. Setting up the sections may or may not result in more contributions?

I'd also like to see an 'other shops' section where good buys in Home Bargains, Poundland, Poundworld (etc) and indeed ANY other retailers could be encouraged.
    Section for Discount Retailers?

started to make the changes .. might as well get the sections in and hopefully populated ..
    Last edited by Gizmos; 7th January 2015 at 02:05.
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Quote Originally Posted by markat View Post
    Some good ideas there thanks; I'll have a think about what else we could add.
    Some sections like Pigsback can disappear in the new site !
    Consider it already gone!!! Anymore cashback ones? I only use Quidco and TopCashBack

OK a few suggestions that I have are :-

Swaps, Discount Codes and Coupons Section Swap/Exchanges - remove section - seems to have dried up anyway
    Merge Grab a Glitch and Bag a Bargain Sub Sections
    Merge Discount Codes and Other Coupons sub sections
    Rename section to Bargain Bucket

General Discussion Section Merge the sub forums General and Everything Else
    Remove PTS Quiz as noone seems to do it? Or do we reinvent
    Move Surveys and Mystery Shopping to a New Area Entitled Surveys and Mystery Shopping - with a view to kick starting this?

SUPERMARKERTS (main)Merge all the Tesco threads into one sub forum entitled Tesco (then clean up old threads)
    Create sub forums for Morrisons, Asda and Sainsburys

As Tesco is not so prevalent with codes etc then think this could be good - alternatively I can create sub sub forums ie goto Tesco and the current what you see under Supermarkets main would be there for Tesco (obviously without Other supermarkets!)
    Can anyone see any issues with this? Easy changes to make and will still give the front page a newer feel

Default Suggestions on additions to site.

I'd suggest there needs to be somewhere for Aldi, Lidl etc - this under discount retailers presumably?

Would also be good to be able to post bargains from anywhere - HUKD style. Say a really good bargain in Currys or B&Q or whatever? Would people like space for Waitrose too in case of a glitch or clearance?

It's tricky. You can stick to what people post on now, and eliminate unused sections. However creating new ones is very much a shot in the dark.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    I'd suggest there needs to be somewhere for Aldi, Lidl etc - this under discount retailers presumably? added this section last night shared areas for Pound Shops ; Aldi/Lidl ; B&M / Home Bargains and then should be another area for "others" but cant see it

Would also be good to be able to post bargains from anywhere - HUKD style. Say a really good bargain in Currys or B&Q or whatever? Would people like space for Waitrose too in case of a glitch or clearance? just need to determine where this will go - have a section for supermarkets but this doesn't fit -

It's tricky. You can stick to what people post on now, and eliminate unused sections. However creating new ones is very much a shot in the dark.
    see highlighted above