Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Italy

Default Italy

I am thinking of going to Italy in September can anybody reccommend a resort?

Are you wanting a coastal holiday or is inland ok?
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Just what I was thinking Dominic.
    We have just come back from a snow shoeing holiday in the Dolomites and fully intend to go back in the summer. It was absolutely stunning scenery and cheap and good to eat. Would recommend our tour operator too, but they don't take avios! But you do book your flights seperately so could use avios there.

We have Avios flights booked for Gerona this
    May, and we are just about to book our accomadation for Lake Garda.
    I am Hoping to get reward flights for Rome for Next February 2016 as well, as soon as they are released.

I meant VERONA, not Gerona.. What type of holiday do you fancy 0P.? Friend goes to Sicily a lot and loves it.

Rome isn't one of those you have to book immediately on release but then again if you are tied to specific dates then maybe it's safest.

We love Rome, I also loved the lakes. Wasn't over impressed with Verona but went there on a one day coach trip from Lake Garda and I seem to remember it was roasting hot.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

We loved Sorrento, Positano, the Amalfi Coast area. I would think there are AVIOS flight to Naples if you are London based.
    Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Rome isn't one of those you have to book immediately on release but then again if you are tied to specific dates then maybe it's safest.

We love Rome, I also loved the lakes. Wasn't over impressed with Verona but went there on a one day coach trip from Lake Garda and I seem to remember it was roasting hot.
    Just spending the night in verona, as our flight gets in latish, and then a week in the Lakes. Shouldn't be too hot in May.
    We are tied to specific dates for Rome, so I will try to get the flights booked as soon as they are released.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Are you wanting a coastal holiday or is inland ok?
    I would prefer a coastal.

I would also recommend Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast.

My husband and I have travelled quite a bit (before having our young Children) and the Amalfi Coast is one of the most beautiful places I have visited.

If you get chance, take a boat across to the stunning island of Capri as well!!