Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Security

Default Security

I am looking for a device that I can fit to a door that will send me a text or an email when the door is opened. Does anybody know if you can get such a device

Youll need a auto dialer gsm unit, one that sends sms not one that calls, along with a door contact sensor. Most are n/o and n/c. All are readily available from eBay.
    You can also get a auto dialing gsm pir, which would dial you when movement is detected.
    Alternatively they also do wireless camera system, these start recording when a door is triggered or pir and some can be set to send a sms or photo when the alarm os triggered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a security camera watching our front door that takes a picture and Emails me when it detects movement. Not sure if that's any use.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975l View Post
    I have a security camera watching our front door that takes a picture and Emails me when it detects movement. Not sure if that's any use.

How much did that cost

Its a Netgear and was about 70, it just needs a mains socket for power to connect to my wifi.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/221555700652?nav=SEARCH
    Above will email, or cheaper if ordered from hong kong. Not sure on quality, but if you order from a uk seller easy to return if its no good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975l View Post

I bet the local cats have a field day!
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    I bet the local cats have a field day!
    I have it inside watching the front door.

I do the same, but it records 30 seconds of video and posts it to my Google Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandtuk View Post
    I do the same, but it records 30 seconds of video and posts it to my Google Drive.
    Which camera have you got? I'd like to record video to the cloud, maybe I can update the firmware on mine to do this.