Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SUPERCARD by Travelex

Quote Originally Posted by CD627 View Post
    This Supercard must somehow 'hide' the fact you are abroad & using your credit card (so you don't have to pay foreign spend fees on your credit card). If I use my IHG Barclaycard abroad in a supermarket then I would expect to get my standard rate of points. However when I pay for my IHG hotel stay using my IHG Barclaycard, I will get extra points on this spend. If I use the Supercard (linked to my IHG Barclaycard) will the Supercard just see the spend for my IHG hotel stay as a 'normal' transaction & give me my normal level of points or will it know I am spending money on an IHG hotel & therefore give me the extra points?

I think it is too early for anyone to have a Supercard or to have used one - but maybe someone has some inside info re the above situation.
    I don't have insider info, however I would be absolutely amazed if you'd get any circumstantial benefits via a linked credit card. Bonus points like IHG bookings on the IHG card are calculated automatically based on the coding of the transaction provided to the credit card issuer. There's no way that Supercard transactions will be coded identically to direct transactions.

First batch of cards were sent a couple of weeks ago. I got mine w/c 25th May. Not been able to use it yet though, as I can't link my CC and Twitter support are not responding!

I got mine weeks ago used it online to pay on a us company straight away. All works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does say on the credit card statement who its too. So if you used say a hilton credit card it may pick up the name hilton on the transaction and give you extra points couldn't guarantee it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    It does say on the credit card statement who its too. So if you used say a hilton credit card it may pick up the name hilton on the transaction and give you extra points couldn't guarantee it though.

Oh ok! That's good to know. I tried contacting them about this via Twitter but they haven't responded yet (as someone else mentioned above).
    I'm off to Japan next week so hope to have it in time.
    So you didn't use a Hilton CC to pay for the Hilton hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by CD627 View Post
    Oh ok! That's good to know. I tried contacting them about this via Twitter but they haven't responded yet (as someone else mentioned above).
    I'm off to Japan next week so hope to have it in time.
    So you didn't use a Hilton CC to pay for the Hilton hotel?
    They didn't say they had booked a Hilton stay; I'm confident from there wording that they haven't.

No I used supercard card to pay a company called unique vacations :-) it states unique vacations on my statement.

xxx
    Last edited by zoebusher; 5th December 2015 at 21:01. Reason: Advised to remove

???

Quote Originally Posted by zoebusher View Post
    xxx
    Did someone advise you to remove info that would give away some kind of loophole by any chance?