Thread: Mattress advice please

Default Mattress advice please

Looking to update our spare bedroom (only used by family for holiday and Xmas)
    Want to get a new mattress and wondered if anyone had any experience of buying a vacuum packed/roll up mattress (not sure of the correct name - but they come in a bag and seem tiny but triple in size once opened). Only slightly cheaper than a normal mattress but seem very comfortable and there is a saving of 40 on the delivery charge as we can fit it in the car.
    Any advice much appreciated
    Last edited by sunflower; 15th June 2015 at 22:08.

Yes we have one on our bed and it is very comfortable. We have had it 9 years. It is called WaterLatex or something like that and is guaranteed I think for 15 years. Once unwrapped it is permanently full sized and you won't ever get it back in the bag.

We have 2 of these and my sons find them very comfortable, I love them too but my husband doesn't .

We have a John Lewis basics double mattress in our spare room and it is really comfortable.
    It is currently 70 for a double with free delivery. Seriously it is really good!

thanks Jen for posting ...i am looking to renew my daughters double mattress and was just looking for something cheap just now

It's a tricky one - we decided not to go for the cheapest option when buying our spare room mattress. I've slept on it a few times when Polo had a bad cough and I needed to be up early for work and found it comfy yet Polo's Dad doesn't like to stay as he says he finds it uncomfy! My sister had a put me up once that was so uncomfy I could hardly sleep so stopped staying there overnight. It's a tricky one as you don't want to spend a fortune but buy something too cheap and pointless guests not being comfy. If your daughter will be the most regular user I'd buy with her in mind - either firm or soft depending on her preference!
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Thank you all for your advice, much appreciated. I am decorating the room this weekend.