Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst gift card promo ever?

Default Worst gift card promo ever?

Come on Sainburys, but some effort into it!

Yep I saw this a few weeks ago and didn't even bother to post it given the 5p a litre limit.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Its a joke really, considering what margin they must make on GCs, and compared to the Morrisons scheme.

Sainsburys - you might as well not have bothered!

Tesco fuel save ends in July.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975l View Post
    Tesco fuel save ends in July.
    What proper ends? or just them saying its going to end, and then they extend it again?

Quote Originally Posted by sr123 View Post
    What proper ends? or just them saying its going to end, and then they extend it again?
    I hope the latter.

I'm sure i saw a poster advertising fuel save for the summer holidays, or words to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by sr123 View Post
    It's a great offer, but from a Tesco perspective ending it will create more bad will than any good will it has made IMHO

Actually I don't see a problem with this offer at all. It is better than no offer, and the only difference compared to Morrisons is the 5p per litre limit.

5p a litre is still worth 2 for my tank of 40l, which at 115p per litre is 46 which is 4.3% off, plus the 40 nectar points.

Given the thousands of points Sainsburys are throwing at me recently it's another good reason to keep shopping there, particularly as they sell cards that Tesco don't.

If Sainsburys want to compete seriously with Morrisons or Tesco on GC sales, this is clearly not a good promotion.