Thread: making a compensation claim for a delayed flight

Default making a compensation claim for a delayed flight

This is a subject I didn't have a lot of personal interest in but now I wished I'd been taking more notice.

Please does anyone have a link whereby I can download a form to start a compensation claim for a delayed flight from Cathay Pacific?
    If so where does it get sent to?

My son was due to fly out at 12 today - Manchester to Hong kong International and they have not boarded yet - something about engine problems- its new scheduled time is 3.30 so I've started looking at what to do if it gets even more delayed.

Has anyone had any experience with making a claim for a delayed flight with Cathay pacific - we made the flight booking directly with them.

I innocently thought they just started handing out forms to passengers - wrong. I've been on delayed trains and got compensation after a couple of letters and I've also advised other passengers on delayed trains where to find the right forms to complete to claim back their fares. But never flights

PS - 2 hours after the flight was delayed they have started issuing free food - assume its vouchers of some sort - this is a bad sign - now their website says they fly out at 6, 6 hour delay
    Last edited by mhoc; 29th June 2015 at 15:44.
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Pretty certain there is a how to guide on MSE too. LRV's (light refreshment vouchers) are usually issued after a couple of hours delay, so that they can get a cuppa and a cake (not usually overly generous!), doesn't always indicate the delay will be increased further, if technical problem it could take a while-especially if waiting for a part or something, but I'd rather a delay and it be fixed than risk it going wrong mid flight!