Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holidays in Greece

Default Holidays in Greece

Anyone just returned? Having a holiday booked in the next few weeks just looking for an insight into how it may impact on tourists in Santorini and Kepholonia.
    Spend a Little ...Holiday alot.

2. Default

A guy at work is going to Santorini next week but a lot of people have cancelled holidays. I'd go but bring cash and split it amongst the party.

3. Default

We were in Crete a couple of weeks ago. The local shops were putting signs up to say "cash only" The petrol station was the first to put a sign up !! Just another thing here to remember Greece is a fairly safe place BUT make sure you use the Hotel safes for your cash. If you are not privy to a safe be very vigilant.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by M123 View Post
    We were in Crete a couple of weeks ago. The local shops were putting signs up to say "cash only" The petrol station was the first to put a sign up !! Just another thing here to remember Greece is a fairly safe place BUT make sure you use the Hotel safes for your cash. If you are not privy to a safe be very vigilant.
    I personally wouldn't trust a hotel safe, just look on YouTube!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975l View Post
    I personally wouldn't trust a hotel safe, just look on YouTube!

What do you suggest then?!
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975l View Post
    A guy at work is going to Santorini next week but a lot of people have cancelled holidays. I'd go but bring cash and split it amongst the party.
    Keep me updated when he get's back.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    What do you suggest then?!
    I suggest a bright coloured bum bag.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by navara View Post
    Keep me updated when he get's back.
    Of course will do.

9. Default

The guy at work is still out there but he said it's fine out there but take cash as no one will touch a card even a pre-paid type one. Also get all small notes as everyone is running low on change, they always use that line in tourist places!

Thanks for the update