Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bank account switching

I'm in the process of switching to M&S for the 100 gift card. I've also set up a standing order for their 6% monthly saver. I had a 'spare' account with Nationwide that I'm switching from. I'll be keeping my 'real' main account though with Santander 123.

Got a lovely 10,000 Tesco points for switching my account!

Thanks Mr T.

Default Bank account switching

Quote Originally Posted by sr123 View Post
    Got a lovely 10,000 Tesco points for switching my account!

Thanks Mr T.

Had a credit card with them for at least a decade and had no incentive to open an account with them, so I wont.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

I think its because I have their home insurance and life cover that they offered me it.
    I am still waiting for a decent credit card sign up if they want my business on that front.

I've been sitting on the fence for years too - opened my first bank acc with Barclays when I started working for them in July 1973 - retired early (ill health) 10 years ago & just easier to stay . like others say, don't want to swop my "main" acc as have loads of payments going in & out & have a No 2 acc for bills. Also got 3 more dormant accounts not used for years, so could move these. was thinking about the santander 123 acc to get better return on my pension lump sum due next year but still want to keep bills separate, but then I would miss out as not having all DDr's in same acc that would pay for the monthly fee. I must do something though :-(
    Also proud to be a Yam Yam !

I have thought about it but haven't got around to doing anything and I have a doormat account with the Nationwide.
    First on the list is to set up a few direct debits
    Thanks Dom

My M&S one is live but I have to wait for the debit card to arrive before I can switch apparently. What a faff!
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

And over 10 days later I'm still waiting for the debit card. Useless.

Hey that's not too bad, my switch to Tesco Bank has just passed the six week point and is sure to exceed 2 months. I've held (or still have) accounts with most of the major banks and this has probably been my worst experience so far although certainly not the first time I've been very glad it's only a spare account I'm switching not a main account.

Switching has generally got so much better since the launch of the bank-independent 'Current Account Switch Service' (CASS) yet still has a long way to go before it's truly quick & hassle-free due to the ability of any bank to make a mess of things either side of the actual switch. The oft-quoted "7 days" to switch only begins once all the ducks are correctly lined up and ready to go; it's sadly never the total time (start to finish) that it really takes to get an account switched!

Well I wouldn't recommend M&S bank. Having had the welcome pack confirming account number and sort code and saying my account had been set up, and cards would be with me in a matter of days, nothing arrived. I got around to phoning them yesterday, they couldn't find me on the system and when they did eventually they said it said awaiting signature or other documentation. I explained I hadn't had anything to sign. So she checked with another dept and came back and confirmed the account hadn't been activated. I again pointed out that my letter said it had! She apologised and said as it was now over a month, the account couldn't be reactivated and I would have to apply again.

I won't bother in hurry.