Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Las Vegas please?

Default Any Las Vegas please?

Looking for Sept 2016 and not using any miles or hotel points eek as ds, dd and their partners are coming with us.

BA holidays look competitive judging by this years prices.
    I have always booked hotel and flight separate but that is looking expensive.

Ds would ideally like to stay at the MGM but failing that is open to suggestions as long as the hotel is on the strip.

Thank you

Flamingo Las Vegas

I've booked here for December 2015 & the price is excellent. (flights and hotel all booked via BA holidays)

Quote Originally Posted by 80934 View Post
    Flamingo Las Vegas

I've booked here for December 2015 & the price is excellent. (flights and hotel all booked via BA holidays)
    Flamingo is nicewith a good location, a lot of people complain about the air freshners they use in there but it don't bother me and I satyed for 8 nights. A lot of new hotels on either side since I stayed there and further north is the big wheel.

If the check in queue is long have a look for check in machines hidden by the pillar. If you have to queue up behind you is the total rewards desk take it in turns along with passport along and join up. I am not sure of the latest promo but may be $5 credit. When gambling, eating or drinking hand over card at TR properties.

Does BA holidays take pay.com still?
    Last edited by steve1975l; 1st August 2015 at 06:28.

It depends on your budget but try and stay mid strip. MGM being down the bottom nearest the airport. We stayed at Planet Hollywood last time but I'm not sure of the prices as we had it COMP'D. I personally think you only sleep in a room but others may have a bigger budget to get a better room. If you can afford it get a strip view room.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Las_Vegas_Strip

Normaly the best view is on the right side of the plane (depends on wind direction) just before touch down.

For shopping go to Fashion show mall which is a good 15 minute walk from the Flamingo. Also you can get the bus to the north premium outlets, buy the ticket from a vending machine along the strip next to bus stop normally.

For cheap drinks stick $20 in the machine at the bar, order drink and stick $1 or $2 per drink in the glass. You may prefer to play other games but drinks are free if you are spending. I prefer blackjack as I can play that for a while before my money goes!

MGM is a bit too far down the strip IMHO - location wise Planet Hollywood is bang in the centre and unlike some other hotels it doesn't take forever to actually get out onto the strip.
    OK it's not flash and the rooms are ( very) dark but given you won't be in your room much who cares ! Vegas is a bit like marmite -you'll love it or you'll hate it. I've been seven times so I suppose that puts me in the love camp .
    Fire away with any more questions .

Quote Originally Posted by rapteam View Post
    MGM is a bit too far down the strip IMHO - location wise Planet Hollywood is bang in the centre and unlike some other hotels it doesn't take forever to actually get out onto the strip.
    OK it's not flash and the rooms are ( very) dark but given you won't be in your room much who cares ! Vegas is a bit like marmite -you'll love it or you'll hate it. I've been seven times so I suppose that puts me in the love camp .
    Fire away with any more questions .
    I like PH too as it's next door to miracle mile shopping mall, watch out though as it rains in there! The mall is connected and has a few bats/restaurants.

Totally agree with the marmite comment. I'm not much of a gambler but I love going and the people watching is great.

i'v just come back (sob!)

Quote Originally Posted by rapteam View Post
    Vegas is a bit like marmite -you'll love it or you'll hate it.

I've no desire to go at all but that goes for America full stop! I know it's not all bright lights and shops but I like places with history - Rome is one of Polo and my favorites. However we love Australia and in all fairness there isn't the depth of history there so it's not easily quantifiable. I just find Americans on the whole brash and annoying! Sorry Merchon55
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.