Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Avios a/c & BA a/c

Default Help with Avios a/c & BA a/c

Please can I get some help/advice here, please.

OH had an email this morning from BA, advising that his 6,000 odd points were due to expire in a month. Had completely forgotten about this a/c.

OH has an Avios account with 20 Avios and I have one with more points, recently depleted having booked a hotel in LA.

My question is what is the best thing to do, so as not to lose the BA points. Have BA/Iberia flights booked for October and I need to check if those will qualify to stop the expiration.

I thought I saw somewhere (can't find it now) that we could transfer the BA Avios to Avios. If that can be done, is that a good idea or not?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dollywops View Post
    Please can I get some help/advice here, please.

OH had an email this morning from BA, advising that his 6,000 odd points were due to expire in a month. Had completely forgotten about this a/c.

OH has an Avios account with 20 Avios and I have one with more points, recently depleted having booked a hotel in LA.

My question is what is the best thing to do, so as not to lose the BA points. Have BA/Iberia flights booked for October and I need to check if those will qualify to stop the expiration.

I thought I saw somewhere (can't find it now) that we could transfer the BA Avios to Avios. If that can be done, is that a good idea or not?

Thanks.
    Gosh I didn't even know BA miles expired.
    I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

I'm no expert but would exchanging some Tesco vouchers extend their life?

Quote Originally Posted by tyroleandancer View Post
    this would work, or buying something via the e-store (takes about a month to post though), quickest method for avios is the avios suitcase on facebook as these post overnight. Not sure if a transfer from avios to BA exec and back again would count but it might.

edit, just released that it is your BA Executive expiring not avios so the suitcase won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by tyroleandancer View Post
    Gosh I didn't even know BA miles expired.
    I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

Now, that might be a good idea. Thanks. Unless anyone can think of something better.

Default Help with Avios a/c & BA a/c

I seem to recall (certainly with an Avios account) you need to have some account activity every 12 months. So even a 2.50 Tesco Clubcard conversion would reset it for another 12 months (or whatever the period of time is)

I've done a small conversion to keep my Avios account active in the past but we moved (and spent all bar 28,000) Avios to BAEC last year around this time, I need to have a look at those - I've never converted Tesco to BAEC so hopefully they would find the right account....

Or I will have to move them back to Avios and convert a small amount as I know that works.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Now, that might be a good idea. Thanks. Unless anyone can think of something better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    I seem to recall (certainly with an Avios account) you need to have some account activity every 12 months. So even a 2.50 Tesco Clubcard conversion would reset it for another 12 months (or whatever the period of time is)

I've done a small conversion to keep my Avios account active in the past but we moved (and spent all bar 28,000) Avios to BAEC last year around this time, I need to have a look at those - I've never converted Tesco to BAEC so hopefully they would find the right account....

Or I will have to move them back to Avios and convert a small amount as I know that works.

I had to email Avios a few months back as I got my accounts in a pickle. They were extremely helpful

My suitcase points never post overnight, they usually do them I belive from reading others forums at the end of the month.
    Worth giving it a go as maybe they post at different times for different accounts.
    Can you not transfer any topcashback into ba avios, this usually happens in about 2 or 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by whisky View Post
    My suitcase points never post overnight, they usually do them I belive from reading others forums at the end of the month.
    Worth giving it a go as maybe they post at different times for different accounts.
    Can you not transfer any topcashback into ba avios, this usually happens in about 2 or 3 days.
    Did not know I could do this. I have 10.40 in TCB, so need to earn another 10p, soonest. Doesn't look too promising, as from reading posts, TCB are slow to pay out.

Think I will go down the route of just converting the minimum amount of clubcard points to BA Avios. Will then decide whether to continue spending on the Virgin Amex card or get a BA card and start using that.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Last edited by dollywops; 1st August 2015 at 16:30.

Did not know I could do this. I have 10.40 in TCB, so need to earn another 10p, soonest. Doesn't look too promising, as from reading posts, TCB are slow to pay out.

Think I will go down the route of just converting the minimum amount of clubcard points to BA Avios. Will then decide whether to continue spending on the Virgin Amex card or get a BA card and start using that.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Yes, if not payable yet in tcb then convert min amount to BAEC via tesco. If you have no balance in your tesco account you should be able to convert previous quarters balance on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by whisky View Post
    I had avios about to expire last month and mysuitcase points definately went on overnight - I read about it on head for points as Raffles had also confirmed overnight. we could just have been lucky I guess but it's worth a try.