Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HolidayExtras - Am I pushing my luck?

Ok - I think I might have been wrong - maybe non-flexible is non-cancellable/refundable.
    However, I had a quick double check of what you looked for - I actually found the Crowne Plaza (double) on FHR for 109 (no mention of non flexible) - so presumably it is cancellable, althought like HE they have a cancellation fee to cancel. However, in order to get the refund from HE, you could book the non flexible room on HE (169) and then compare it to the 109 room on FHR.
    Ok - I notice for some reason that the Twin room on FHR is indeed 129.......strange there's any difference between double and twin - ok bear with me a sec - so the twin room is infact 189 on HE - this is the one you need to book (if you don't mind tying up 191.50 - make sure you pay for cancellation insurance - for 8 months) - and then claim against the 129 rate on FHR - I cannot see that FHR claim their booking is non-flexible - so compare 189 against 129 and you should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by barafear799 View Post
    With cancellation insurance of 2.49, you can cancel with HE (even non flexible ones I think??) - might need to check that?
    HE have a very strange cancellation policy.......
    Doesn't seem to let you add it to non flexible ones for some reason, which is strange as surely the flexible ones you can cancel anyway?

Ok - I think I might have been wrong - maybe non-flexible is non-cancellable/refundable.
    However, I had a quick double check of what you looked for - I actually found the Crowne Plaza (double) on FHR for 109 (no mention of non flexible) - so presumably it is cancellable, althought like HE they have a cancellation fee to cancel. However, in order to get the refund from HE, you could book the non flexible room on HE (169) and then compare it to the 109 room on FHR.
    Ok - I notice for some reason that the Twin room on FHR is indeed 129.......strange there's any difference between double and twin - ok bear with me a sec - so the twin room is infact 189 on HE - this is the one you need to book (if you don't mind tying up 191.50 - make sure you pay for cancellation insurance - for 8 months) - and then claim against the 129 rate on FHR - I cannot see that FHR claim their booking is non-flexible - so compare 189 against 129 and you should be ok.
    Thanks for looking. I did wonder about ringing FHR just to confirm whether it was flexible or not. I know you said it doesn't specify its non-flexible, but neither does it specify that it is?
    No longer a friend of Tesco. Farewell DTD.

Read their t&c, very similar to HE

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post

Had confirmation of my lounge booking being refunded, so am really pleased. Now just need the hotel to go with it! I did look at all the hotels tonight on their own website and couldn't find anything cheaper.
    Which sites did you compare for lounge tickets pls?

Quote Originally Posted by joaniemerc View Post
    Which sites did you compare for lounge tickets pls?
    Mine compared to APH which was cheaper. However, when I went back on it yesterday I couldn't get any lounges to come up on APH, so not sure whether it was a one off or not.

barafear, I did the live chat on the FHR page, and they confirmed the 129 was a flexible rate. Result!

Done a screen shot including the chat and sent it off, so fingers crossed. I don't mind so much tying the money up, I'll just transfer it over from my savings if necessary. However, would rather start to get sorted now so I can do it in bits and the cost is more spread out, rather than doing everything nearer the time.

Will update when I hear back from HE!

I can't see any logical reason for it to be declined. I assumed you did book the 189 rate on HE?

I can't see any logical reason for it to be declined. I assumed you did book the 189 rate on HE?
    Yep!

A cheeky ask but I have no idea where to start... Polos parents need a hotel near Manchester Airport for 10 Feb one night and parking until 25 Feb (collect car that day)

If anyone is into this and can find a way to get it free for them that would be truly awesome.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    A cheeky ask but I have no idea where to start... Polos parents need a hotel near Manchester Airport for 10 Feb one night and parking until 25 Feb (collect car that day)

If anyone is into this and can find a way to get it free for them that would be truly awesome.
    I only discovered it at the weekend!

You need to plug your details above into the holiday extras website. That will then give you the details of the prices you need to beat! Details need to be identical (like check in time at hotel, exactly where car will be parked etc).

If I get chance I'll have a little look tomorrow but can't promise.