Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TSB classic plus

This is a very interesting thread which has resulted in me opening one of these accounts online. Thank you mhoc and Sarah7 for all of the information. I just have to wait for my debit card to arrive.

mhoc I used another contactless card in Morrisons yesterday - spent around 23 and they do gift cards.

Quote Originally Posted by ashtonsgran View Post
    This is a very interesting thread which has resulted in me opening one of these accounts online. Thank you mhoc and Sarah7 for all of the information. I just have to wait for my debit card to arrive.

mhoc I used another contactless card in Morrisons yesterday - spent around 23 and they do gift cards.
    I was hoping that this was the case - so in theory you could buy gift cards in Morrisons to get the fuel discount as well - so spend 100 get 5 cashback and 10p off fuel

http://www.morrisonsfuelsaver.co.uk/gift-card-partners
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

Quote Originally Posted by mhoc View Post
    I was hoping that this was the case - so in theory you could buy gift cards in Morrisons to get the fuel discount as well - so spend 100 get 5 cashback and 10p off fuel

http://www.morrisonsfuelsaver.co.uk/gift-card-partners
    Yes - how fantastic lol. I always use my Santander 123 credit card for shopping and petrol to get their cash back, but will use the TSB one when it arrives. My shopping is usually less than 30. Petrol will still be paid for with the 123 card as it will more than 30.

yes its just a case of swapping half way through the month once we get a pattern established - starting the month with the TSB and then when we reach the 100 target going back to our usual CC cards - I get 0.5% from my nationwide CCC card.
    But I also have Morrisons gift cards at a reduced rate from a works scheme
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

Tesco don't permit contactless payments when buying gift cards (have to use chip & PIN, I was told) so Morrisons might be the same. However, I haven't been able to try yet as all my ~20 attempts to use my TSB cards for contactless have so far failed -- only just found out that it's necessary to successfully do an ATM transaction before they'll enable contactless payments... now done that, so hopefully my TSB cards will work next time!

I'm fiinding it very difficult to use my tsb contactless cards as hardly anywhere seems to accept them. I already have gift cards for 4 major supermarkets so that is no help. Have tried tesco filling station - no go various restaurants also no go. Think we ought to start a list with places that accept them but I suppose this could be area/store specific. My success places are rather ocbsucre - African Alive, Suffolk, cardmarket and Chef and Brewer. Is Sainsbury's any good for petol - might be good for october when they have 5p off litre?

Quote Originally Posted by Matty17r View Post
    I'm fiinding it very difficult to use my tsb contactless cards as hardly anywhere seems to accept them. I already have gift cards for 4 major supermarkets so that is no help. Have tried tesco filling station - no go various restaurants also no go. Think we ought to start a list with places that accept them but I suppose this could be area/store specific. My success places are rather ocbsucre - African Alive, Suffolk, cardmarket and Chef and Brewer. Is Sainsbury's any good for petol - might be good for october when they have 5p off litre?
    yes a list would be very good, we just need ordinary every day places

so far I've only used mine in Aldi, B & M and the local spar

I think once we get the hang of this it will be OK but with all of the hype about contactless you would have thought there would be more of them about.

Petrol stations would be useful - that would be 50 a month easily used up. If Sainsburys that would be even better - 10 nectar points a litre.

Is Sainsbury's any good for petol - might be good for october when they have 5p off litre?

I knew about the 10x points, what's this about 5p off a litre also?
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    I knew about the 10x points, what's this about 5p off a litre also?
    I read somewhere that the points equates to 5p off a litre - not sure this is right though.

I read somewhere that the points equates to 5p off a litre - not sure this is right though.

Right I see. Isn't it 1 point per 1 usually, so it will be 10 points per 1? I'd rather keep it simple - points value is a bit subjective as if you save them for a double up they aren't worth 5p, plus if it is 1 point per 1, a litre is over 1 plus they are points given after you've paid, not a discount, so to say it's 5p off a litre is contrived really.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.